Your next boat

More
13 years 8 months ago #4953 by Rightarmbad
Your next boat was created by Rightarmbad
What I am thinking at the moment is, 'what are the nice little things that you would like on your next boat?'

The seeds for this thread were first planted when I saw the molded in leash attachment point in one of the reviews.

So here is my list of nice things that would sway my purchase of my next boat.
Nothing major like hull shape or construction, just things that would make the boat friendlier and easier to fit a wider range of people.

1 Fully adjustable footplate, you know tilt length height etc.

2 Still with the footplate, no little ropes to tie to adjust steering or peddle angle.

3 More, self centering rudder peddles, just a light amount of self centering pressure to stop the rudder waggling under paddling forces without me having to hold my feet on them.

4 The aforementioned leash mounting point.

5 Rear deck lines optional. If you don't want em, leave em off, who uses them?

So go for it, what would you like to see on all skis?

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4959 by Beanboy
Replied by Beanboy on topic Re:Your next boat
Coming from the beginner/cheap bastard side of things. Use my V10S for flatwater and (beginner) ocean racing, as well as day paddles with local kayak clubs.

I'd like some more versatile options to make at least the more stable skis a bit more general in design such as:

Options for day hatch/front bungees
Be nice to throw a towel/change of clothes/lunch inside without having to deal with a dry bag on the deck somewhere

Front handle
Near bow to use a bowline/leash attachment/tietown for transport

Cheaper/more integrated flip-up rudder option

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4960 by pineclone
Replied by pineclone on topic Re:Your next boat
I just spent an hour yesterday fiddling around with the little strings and knots trying to get my pedals adjusted correctly.

It just occurred to me that maybe a person could retrofit a "Boa" dial lacing system (like they use on running shoes) for micro-level adjustments. Doesn't seem like this would be too hard to install.

For those who don't know what i'm talking about...www.boatechnology.com/
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by pineclone.

Latest Forum Topics