V12, Swell and I'm laid up on the floor!

• andrew skeoch
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #5052 by andrew skeoch
V12, Swell and I'm laid up on the floor! was created by andrew skeoch
Proud owner of the new V12, tested extensively and came out on top, compared to the v10L ( now my wifes boat).
All i was waiting for was some swell for the v12. It came last night , big East wind, And with it came lower back spas-um.
$##%!
A friend says I need more X-training, too much paddling, what gives?
What do you guys do to avoid lying horizonal on the floor.
Good news, its sub-siding and I hope to be surfing Wednesday Morn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5055 by red_pepper
I do a lot of road biking, along with lifting weights in the off season (working opposite muscle sets), plus cross-country skiing when it snows. A lot of stretching seems to help as well.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5056 by red_pepper
On the other hand, maybe that V12 just doesn't like you. I could give it a nice home if that will help. :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #5059 by RHamady
Do some Yoga !!!

I go to Yoga class 2-3 nights a week, does wonders for the body & mind. Good stuff, check a class out........

Here are some of the benefits of doing Yoga, copied from my teachers site:

Yoga Benefits
A central premise in yoga is that everything is connected. That is clear when looking at the health benefits of yoga that have long been reported by practitioners and are now being confirmed by scientific research.

Focus on the Present. Yoga trains the mind to focus on the present, becoming more aware and mindful in all our actions. This leads to a life lived with compassion and kindness towards self and all sentient beings.

Better Breathing. Yoga teaches people to take slower, deeper breaths, improving the lung function and triggering the body's relaxation response. When we breath well, we create optimum conditions for health and well-being on every level-physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual.

Stress Reduction. Yoga reduces the physical effects of stress on the body. By encouraging relaxation, yoga helps to lower the levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Related benefits include lowering blood pressure and heart rate, aiding in weight control, improving digestion and boosting the immune system as well as easing symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, depression, fatigue, asthma, and insomnia.

Pain Relief. Studies have shown that practicing yoga asanas (poses), meditation or a combination of the two, reduced pain for people with conditions such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, auto-immune disease and hyper tension as well as arthritis, back and neck pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, eczema, irritable bowel syndrome, and other chronic conditions.

Better Body Alignment. Yoga helps improve body alignment, resulting in better posture and helping to relieve back, neck, joint, and muscle problems.

Increases Strength. Yoga asanas use every muscle in the body and increase strength literally from head to toe, as well as relieving muscular tension.

Flexibility. Yoga helps to improve flexibility, mobility and range of motion. "Flexible Spine, Flexible Mind" is one way of looking at the body mind connection and the importance of this benefit.

Aloha,
-Rich

Latest Forum Topics