Warranties

More
13 years 8 months ago #5160 by Rightarmbad
Warranties was created by Rightarmbad
This passage is lifted from another thread.

saw this in warranty info also !! This warranty policy does not apply to Epic Australia; any and all boats & paddles purchased in Australia are not covered by warranty.
ouch.

After reading this, I thought that maybe I should pass on what so many people seem not to know.

There are two types of warranties: Legal and Conventional.

Conventional Warranty (limit your rights): We warrant for for 1 year (no warranty on batteries, screens, keyboards, accessories, etc).

Legal Warranty: Fitness for purpose for which it was purchased, taking into account price paid, etc. In other words, you paid $3k for that big-screen tv and it croaked 1 day after your conventional 1-year warranty expired? You can still use the legal warranty via small claims court. They can't hide behind the limitations of the conventional warranty - the conventional warranty is in addition to the legal warranty (which makes extended warranties stupid purchases).

So next time, some pretend manager, (you know the ones, hired by a chain to work too many hours for too little pay, hands tied by stupid management above them, unable to do what is really necessary to make the place run well), tells you that you are outside of the warranty period, remind him or her of your rights under law.

It is amazing how many retail outlets simply do not know of the law and fob you off.
It is also amazing how many do, and try and get away with it as well.

Have fun!

This is how it is in Australia anyways, don't know about overseas.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5173 by candela
Replied by candela on topic Re:Warranties
Love to know why they state they don’t cover in AU…..

What about Fenn are they the same, I couldn’t see anything on their web site?

As for what you mentioned above. I remember reading about that in a consumer affairs magazine.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5176 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re:Warranties
I imagine the aussie wholesaler/web retailer, that as part of being sole distributor in Aussie, that they agreed to take on local warranty for the product as well.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #5177 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re:Warranties
R.A.B. is spot on with warranty claims, have travelled that road many times with all sorts of products.

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by AR_convert.

Latest Forum Topics