Sellers, buyers, manufacturers and product backup

More
13 years 5 months ago #5666 by candela
Rightarmbad wrote:

Interesting sort of crack, I'd love to hear from somebody that knows these things what they believe the mechanism is.

I'll let you know. I'm taking it to West Burleigh at the end of the week. Seem like a good bunch of guys.

I rang one Local Gold Coast ski builder today and couldn't believe how rude the guy was, plain and simple was not interested in even seeing the ski. As for the guys at Burleigh, more than helpful on the phone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5668 by Pete
I guess to be fair to these guys, you dont take your damaged car to a manufacturer - you take it to a repairer.

Most of them have 12 week ski lead times and are family business with limited man hours.

Good luck

More
13 years 5 months ago #5670 by Rightarmbad

I rang one Local Gold Coast ski builder today and couldn't believe how rude the guy was, plain and simple was not interested in even seeing the ski.

Well to defend him, he would be stepping in and becoming the meat in the sandwich between the Aussie distributor and the customer.
Imagine if there is some form of structural compromise and it fails.
Who then becomes responsible?

He is simply keeping his nose out of trouble.
But there are nice ways to say that he doesn't want to become involved and there are rude ways.
Without hearing the conversation it is difficult to say either way.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
13 years 5 months ago #5671 by candela
@Pete - you can’t be serious when comparing the car industry to the surf ski industry, last time I checked I couldn’t find a handful of ski repairs in every suburb.

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear; it wasn’t my intention to bag a business for not wanting to fix my ski. It was the fact they could be so rude about it, basically telling me to p1ss off. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the owner but one of his staff. Also I never mentioned warrantee or Epic being involved. It was just “hey mate how you doing, I’ve got a damaged ski would you mind taking a look at it”

More
13 years 5 months ago #5677 by Rightarmbad
Wow!

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Latest Forum Topics