Who's going to win Molokai 2011 ?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6934 by Steve Hansen
Anyone seen a start list? Without even knowing who's going to be on the start line, I'm thinking it could be Dawid Mockes' year. He's motivated, (hasn't won it, I think?) has the knowledge and experience gained from doing it and it sounds like he's been training hard for it. One vote for Mr. Consistency, he's the BIG Daw-g !
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Steve Hansen. Reason: spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6936 by Sandy
I am picking Patrick and DeAnn Hemmings to win the Tandem class !

More
12 years 11 months ago #6938 by Steve Hansen
Yeah, that would be very cool if they win.I just looked at the roster, the double ski catagory looks pretty interesting. The Hemmmens will be up against two Italian teams plus Carter Johnson and Robin Graham.BTW I don't see Dawid Mocke on the registration list??

More
12 years 11 months ago #6939 by owenfromwales
Molokai entry list:
www.hckt.org/registered_list.php
I reckon there are about 6 blokes who could win it, but I think it`s gonna come down to a shoot out between Clint (who I bet would love to break the fastest time), Tom Schilperoort and Deano, followed by a pack of hungry Aussies due to Tom being the only Saffa on the list!

189cm 90~100kg
Present skis:
2017 Stellar SEI 2G
1993 Gaisford Spec Ski
1980s Pratt Spec Ski
1980s UK Surf Skis Ocean Razor
Previous
1980s UK Surf Skis Ocean Razor X 3
1987 Kevlar Chalupsky (Hummel) (Welsh copy!)
1988 Kevlar Double Chalupsky
1992 Hammerhead spec
2000 Fenn copy

More
12 years 11 months ago #6942 by outriggerbev
looking for a clint win.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6944 by 3D_Flyer
I think Clint will win, but if the winds are really blowing in the channel Deano is always dangerous in a big downwind.
It would be nice to have live commentary.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6949 by alesspog
With an outlook of 15 miles wind from east i say Clint and 51% speed record probability.J'm waiting for a great race with the major contestants in the world together.There or somewhere.When the big one?

More
12 years 11 months ago #6952 by Walt
ok... so who won ??

More
12 years 11 months ago #6953 by 3D_Flyer
Clint Robinson, check here for results

molokaiworldchampionships.yolasite.com/results.php

More
12 years 11 months ago #6990 by cjborg
Wow; we're nearly a week out and the most prominent surf ski site in the world hasn't even a short news flash on the results of what used to be the premier race in the world. Maybe the Molokai field is not as heavily stacked as some other races, but c'mon . . . BTW, other sites, even US sites, are equally silent. Sad commentary on our sport when equipment reviews get more attention than world class races.

But thanks to you guys for posting in the forum!

More
12 years 11 months ago #6991 by owenfromwales
That`s a good point cj, and it`s true so many of us rely upon and enjoy all the info that comes to us via this website.

Truth of the matter is, it`s up to us all, as users of this site, to start spreading the load, ie putting articles of interest to ski paddlers together, whether that be race reports, product reviews or other related stuff.

How about a report on where you paddle cj? All anyone has to do is knock something together, make it as interesting as possible with lots of good photos and send it to Rob. The easier we make it for him, the more likely the site will remain contemporary and of interest to us all.

As for Molokai, maybe someone who was there is in the middle of penning some words together right now? I hope so!

Owen

189cm 90~100kg
Present skis:
2017 Stellar SEI 2G
1993 Gaisford Spec Ski
1980s Pratt Spec Ski
1980s UK Surf Skis Ocean Razor
Previous
1980s UK Surf Skis Ocean Razor X 3
1987 Kevlar Chalupsky (Hummel) (Welsh copy!)
1988 Kevlar Double Chalupsky
1992 Hammerhead spec
2000 Fenn copy

More
12 years 11 months ago #6995 by alesspog
The media silence around the greatest surfski race in the world is equal to the Japan radio situation.Ther's a motive for the second,the first..??

Latest Forum Topics