Stolen Surf Ski

More
12 years 10 months ago #7067 by [email protected]
On Sunday afternoon 29 May 2011 at 4:32pm, I paddled into the beach at Whitfords (Western Australia), just north of Pinnaroo Point after my rudder cable broke. I put the surf ski up the beach on the edge of the dune grass and ran back to my car at Sorrento Surf Life Saving Club (a few km's away). 28 minutes later, I was back where I left the ski but it was not there. :ohmy:

I put some posters up and got a call yesterday confirming that the ski was stolen. :angry: A beach walker saw a male, late 20's to early 30's, dark hair, medium build, 5'11" or 180cm, carrying the ski through the dunes and scrub towards the car park. It looked odd to the beach walker as there are paths nearby.

The ski is a blue Stellar SES Advantage with a broken rudder cable. If someone offers it to you, check the serial number. If it's SKWSS053D010 then that's my ski! I'd be super appreciative for some more info on this guy.

More info here, updated daily:
docs.google.com/document/d/1UAAQwg2XJ_ei...PtoCGY/edit?hl=en_GB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #7069 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re:Stolen Surf Ski
Off to record the serial number of my ski.......

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

• SS@Bermuda7
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #7070 by SS@Bermuda7
Replied by SS@Bermuda7 on topic Re:Stolen Surf Ski
I have a Stellar SES for sale. Priced at $ 1000 for a quick sale. I can meet you at Hillary's to show the ski. You'll easily spot me. I'm in my early 30's, have dark hair, of medium build, 5'11 and I'm carrying a blue ski with a busted rudder cable and missing serial number.

Sorry mate. Hard lines. I hope you and 5 of your closest mates find the thug.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7334 by [email protected]
I got a call yesterday from a beach walker who saw the ski in the bushes near the beach it got taken from. Saw it there 3 weeks ago but wasn't aware of my signs and thought nothing more of it.

Interesting that there were 2 weeks from being nicked to appearing in the bushes. Maybe someone took it home and realised that they can't do anything with it.

I'll probably never know and it doesn't really matter as I HAVE MY SKI BACK!

More
12 years 9 months ago #7335 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re:Stolen Surf Ski
Probably realised that there just are not that many skis round, so it would be easy to recognise, and that it would be impossible to use locally and to sell would be even harder.

Any chance it was put there by somebody so as to make it less likely to be stolen while you were away?
Did you check in that particular place when you searched?

Just trying to find a good side to human nature.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 9 months ago #7337 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re:Stolen Surf Ski
Excellent news! :woohoo:

You'll have to name it "Lazarus". :P

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #7339 by garykroukamp
Replied by garykroukamp on topic Re:Stolen Surf Ski
Probably a good idea to put one's name and cell no on surfski and paddle. Must get round to this...

Latest Forum Topics