Attention Rob : forum changes

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
  • Brett McDonald previous forum name :Pilbaralad
More
12 years 8 months ago #7539 by AR_convert
Hey Rob , thanks once again for your great website!

Noticed some changes to the forum, where have the icons that allow website links, insertion of photos, changes to italics/bold etc gone?

Always looking for the next boat :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7546 by Kayaker Greg
The site has really slowed down for me, sometimes the pages don't load.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7547 by [email protected]
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the disruption, we had to update the forum software to the latest version.

Thanks for the heads-up - and thanks AR_Convert for reporting the spam message.

I've had a quick look at the config, can't see where to switch the buttons on, they should be above the smiley icons. Have to get the software experts onto this.

In terms of speed - can't think why it should have slowed down; it hasn't for me - is everyone having a speed problem?

Thanks!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
12 years 8 months ago #7548 by YBA/Jim Murray
download speed is acceptable except if bandwidth narrows due to traffic loading at my end-either cable or ISP. Problem may not be with the website at all.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7549 by Rightarmbad
Mine is very slow too, but it looks like it is one of the ad servers by the messages that firefox gives me......

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 8 months ago #7551 by [email protected]

where have the icons that allow website links

Okedokey, the formatting and link stuff is back. B)

What about photos? :unsure:

i'll check it out.

Keep an eye on the speed, I'm trying to figure out whether it's one particular ad or all of them... They're a necessary evil, we need at least some revenue to keep the site alive!

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
12 years 8 months ago #7552 by Hiro
I'm far away (Tahiti), and my connection is fast.

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 8 months ago #7554 by AR_convert

robin.mousley wrote:

i'll check it out.

Keep an eye on the speed, I'm trying to figure out whether it's one particular ad or all of them... They're a necessary evil, we need at least some revenue to keep the site alive!

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #7555 by AR_convert

AR_convert wrote:

robin.mousley wrote:

i'll check it out.

Nothings changed at my end. (No links, no photos, no formatting)

Even clicking on the smileys does nothing, if you type in the smiley code they work but clicking on the smiley's themselves doesnt insert them in the text.

The box above the smileys in emtpy!

Speed is fine in western australia.

BTW, just noticed we only need 4 more people to hit the 2000 friends mark!!!!

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by AR_convert.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7556 by [email protected]
Ok, it's definitely working for me.

I've tested it both with my super-user login and my "ordinary user" login. Maybe you need to clear your cache? (Ctrl-F5 on most browsers.)

B) Smileys work; I can add a pic

Rob

Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #7557 by [email protected]
Yep - three to go to 2,000 facebook fans, very cool! According to google analytics we have about 18,000 unique individuals who visit the site every month... Around 5,000 have registered on the site itself.

Rob

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 8 months ago #7568 by AR_convert

robin.mousley wrote: Ok, it's definitely working for me.

I've tested it both with my super-user login and my "ordinary user" login. Maybe you need to clear your cache? (Ctrl-F5 on most browsers.)

B) Smileys work; I can add a pic

Tried the control F5, still no joy, I guess we'll wait and see just how many photos people are posting and what text alterations they are making, if they are then I'll have to figure out what is wrong at my end :huh:

More
12 years 8 months ago #7569 by [email protected]
Curses.
What browser do you use?

I've tested this with Firefox and Chrome...

Anyone else having the same problem with the formatting toolbar being invisible and the smileys not working?

Rob

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #7570 by AR_convert
Stock standard explorer. The smiley I used was by typing the code for it.

EDIT: Might be getting closer to a solution (for me). I was messing around in the "My Page" area and the message came up...

"You are using an older browser. In order to comment, please upgrade to either Flash 10 or Internet Explorer 8."

I am on a University computer and I reckon my computer at home hasnt been upgraded to explorer 8, so I'll give that a shot tonight.

EDIT: well checked my PC and it's running Explorer 9, so thats not it. Dont know what else I can do to get these things functioning.

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by AR_convert.

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 8 months ago #7587 by AR_convert
Hooray, I've had a win, changed to Google Chrome from Internet Exlorer 9 and all the functions have magically appeared so I can do all the fun stuff again. :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]

More
12 years 8 months ago #7589 by [email protected]
Great news! I love Chrome personally - far and away a better browser than Explorer!

Rob

Latest Forum Topics