First Impressions

More
12 years 4 months ago #9263 by Warwick
First Impressions was created by Warwick
I am a true multi-sporter, and after spending several years marathon running, mountain biking and doing endurance triathlon, I decided to give surfski a try. This was a year ago, and since then I have been a little obsessed with the sport - it's nice to know when you have found the sport that satisfies you completely!

I am used to meeting new friends when doing new sports, but my first impressions of surfski paddling put all others to shame. I have found the Durban paddling crowd to be extremely welcoming and willing to share knowledge and tips about paddling n the ocean and catching runs. I am particularly impressed with Mark Lewin, the owner of Custom Kayaks in Durban, he helped me find a suitable beginners boat, and has given me tons of good advice and service that is out of this world - these guys just want to see you having fun on the water. I don't know what Fenn or any of the other companies are like with their customer service, but I reckon they would be hard pressed to beat Custom Kayaks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moll

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9266 by [email protected]
Hey Warwick, yep, I reckon you've got it about right about surfski paddlers!
All the manufacturers have their good and bad points, but Mark does have an enviable reputation in the Durban area for great customer service.
See you at the Cape Point Challenge next year!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
12 years 4 months ago #9267 by Moll
Replied by Moll on topic Re: First Impressions
To Warrick I can only say Ditto to the experience, and I am based in Jhb so the service extends much further than just local paddlers.

Current Quiver:
- Think Evo
- XT Double
- Popes Big Foot Assegai K1
- Wilderness systems Tarpon 160

Latest Forum Topics