Holiday in brisbane

More
11 years 10 months ago #11991 by Physio
Holiday in brisbane was created by Physio
I'm going to be ova in Brizzy 10 July till the 17th.
I don't have any real plans other than "cash and carry" for the wife and hopefully enjoy some temps with a + in front.
would love to get out for a paddle while i'm there, but will need to hire, boat/paddle etc and really dislike paddling on my own. Is anyone over there keen to take me out one day and hook me up with some hire gear...I am pretty slow so not looking for an elite grp to paddle with.

I'll be staying in CBD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11993 by Boof Head
Replied by Boof Head on topic Re: Holiday in brisbane
Might be able to sort you out for an arvo paddle on Sat 16th. I normally go for a river paddle on a Sunday arv but could do a Sat. You could use my Stellar.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11994 by Physio
Replied by Physio on topic Re: Holiday in brisbane
Would be great to have weekend paddle, but it's July which makes the weekend 14th15th

Cheers

More
11 years 10 months ago #11995 by Boof Head
14th it is.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11997 by outriggerbev
count me in -how far do you like to go-what conditions-weel check the weather when it gets closer and do a downwinder somewhere-bev

More
11 years 10 months ago #12000 by Physio
Replied by Physio on topic Re: Holiday in brisbane
Bev- I dont mind, will be keen to just burn off a few holiday drinks/dinners. I wont want too challenging conditions in an un familiar boat, I'm def a slow intermediate paddler and dont have any exp in big waves/swell

Boof- give me an email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
11 years 10 months ago #12004 by Boof Head
Cool.
Bev, youre' welcome to join us if you haven't paddled the city reaches before. There is a little beach/patch of sand at New Farm that I put in at.

paddle will be tide dependant, upstream will take in the city reaches around to Southbank (10k rtn trip)
downstream will take us past the beautiful riverside homes of teneriffe/Hawthorne to Hamilton (approx. 10k rtn trip)

More
11 years 10 months ago #12117 by outriggerbev
awesome count me in- txt reminder day before when you know-0419788597.Bev.
Where is your patch of sand in relation to the breaky crk boat ramp.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12138 by Boof Head
my little patch of "beach" is about 4-5k up river from Brekky Creek. Its along the river walk at Merthyr Park. Acces is via a walkway at he corner of Oxlade and Moray. I live close by so I wheel my boat down accessing the riverwalk through the Merthyr bowls club.
Cheers

Latest Forum Topics