Buying a new ski in Sydney

More
2 years 10 months ago #38671 by Salty Frog
Hi All,

Long time lurker here. Always felt that the collective brains trust here had far more knowledge than me.

I am very much an amateur. I have been mucking around on a very old Epic V10 Sport, primarily in flat water but just recently from Rodd Point around Hunter's Hill, Cockatoo island, etc.

I am hoping to start playing around in some waves more frequently - just fun rather than anything competitive in the near future.

I'll try & spend a bit more time in the V10 Sport & try & play in small waves but I am turning the big 5 0 in November. Hoping that the lady of the house has found another job by then & I'll be in the market for a new ski.

I really like the look of the Epic V9 but will try properly before I buy.

I am just wondering what the deal is in the Sydney region when it comes to buying a new ski. Do you expect to pay a little less than the listed price or is it basically what you see is what you get? Do dealers typically throw in any extras when you buy a new ski?

Am I better off trying to ask for an ex-demo ski?

I don't like the idea of overpaying or getting a bad deal but by the same token, I don't want to be impolite asking for something that might be considered unreasonable either.

If anyone has some insight, even if you are a shop owner & the feedback is not going to be friendly I am open to it.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #38672 by Atlas
Replied by Atlas on topic Buying a new ski in Sydney
Sydney is probably the best place in Australia to buy a ski. You have access to pretty much every brand of ski.
Dealers of some brands include Australia wide delivery in their retail prices so if you pick up locally you can save a couple of hundred bucks. Not sure about Epic.
You are unlikely to get a discount on a V9 any time soon. Those things are like so hot right now.

Current boats
Epic V10L Ultra, Epic V9 Ultra, Carbonology Sport Boost X LV, Fenn Bluefin, Nelo 510, Fenn XT double, Nelo 600, Expedition Kayaks Azure, Mirage 732.
Previous boats
Spirit PRS, Fenn Swordfish, Fenn XT, Fenn Swordfish S, Think Zen, Epic V10L Club, Carbonology Sport Boost LV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salty Frog

More
2 years 10 months ago #38675 by Salty Frog
Thanks for getting back to me Atlas - good to know.

I am willing to try out other brands but so far the V9 seems pretty close to exactly what I was looking for. I had a quick test paddle in flat water. Will have to try it & some other skis in some small waves & see what I like the best when it gets closer to the time that I can part with the cash.

Latest Forum Topics