× Tips and techniques for getting the most out of surfskiing.

Building storage racks

More
11 years 10 months ago #12001 by grmas1
Hi Everyone

Question for those that have built storage racks for their skis so they can be stored in the ceilings of their garages.

I have recently had a pergola built and am going to store a Ski and a long rec class kayak under the ceiling of it. I can measure the distance I need for my long rec as I have it.
I have not purchased a ski as yet and was wondering what would be a good figure to work off as the maximum depth of it.
I just want to make sure the gap between the ceiling and the rack arm will be big enough for a ski as well. The Long rec requires about 12-14 inches if stored upside down. Will this be enough for a ski?

Grant
Ski Paddler Newbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #12002 by Kayaker Greg
Have not built a rack but I store 4 kayaks/skis in my garage just with slings, no real need to build anything, and the slings allow you easy access and the ability to pull them up out of the way.

More
11 years 10 months ago #12003 by grmas1
Replied by grmas1 on topic Re: Building storage racks
Thanks Greg
I have used the slings for in my garage, as I am using the pergola there is not enough strength in the roof to hang slings and need to use a rack like structure off the longitudinal beam on the roof.

Grant
Ski Paddler Newbie

Latest Forum Topics