× Tips and techniques for getting the most out of surfskiing.

padding cockpit

More
10 years 9 months ago #17662 by wannagofast
padding cockpit was created by wannagofast
I just asked ya'll about, Is my SES tippy. great feedback. Since you've convinced me to keep my stable SES. Will padding it help me be more in touch with its movements side to side. The biggest space is at my knees, just above and below them. To pad this area it would be almost 4 inch pad? At my hips I have a half inch foam pad wrapping around seat. Not in bottom of seat. Don't want to be sitting higher and loose rotation.
A friend said use a spray foam to get perfect fit. Hmmm? not sure about that. Also! What do I use to secure pads into place.

Thanks for your advice:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #17698 by Bill L
Replied by Bill L on topic padding cockpit
If you are still getting accustomed to the ski, you may want your pedals a bit further forward to reduce the clearance under your knee - it may help you in stability. Overtime, you get more comfortable in the boat and can move the pedals back to increase leg/stroke power.

When I pad out, I use minicell foam with two-inch wide industrial strength Velcro glued onto it with rubber contact cement. I then affix the fuzzy side of the Velcro to the ski (it comes with very good adhesive on it, and if you apply it when temps are 70F or higher, it does not come off). This allows me to change out minicell pad thickness as I need too, remove the pads entirely, or, to fit the ski to someone else with pads of different thicknesses.

Bill L

More
10 years 9 months ago #17709 by wannagofast
Replied by wannagofast on topic padding cockpit
very good info. I found a post on this site that also is helpful as you are.
Thanks

Latest Forum Topics