× Tips and techniques for getting the most out of surfskiing.

Fenn XT - Pain?

More
10 years 2 months ago #19728 by Lifegoddess
Fenn XT - Pain? was created by Lifegoddess
Hi - I am a petite girl who has purchased a carbon Fenn XT about 3 weeks ago and am having a few issues:

1. I am getting pain in the right side of my groin, that feels like a slow cramp building to the point where I need to stop? Any experience or recommendations?

2. I feel like the seat bucket is so tight that getting any hip rotation is difficult.

Before the Fenn, I had an EPIC V8 and loved it without any of the probs above - am worried I am going to have to trade in my new ski if I cant get this resolved.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19729 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Fenn XT - Pain?
If you are "petite" I would be suprised if the bucket is too tight . A more likely suspect is that the seating position (butt height to foot height) is more neutral or foot "high" than the epic and your Psoas is tweaking trying to keep you erect and forward , play with some seat padding of various heights (1/8 to 3/4" ) this will change the butt to foot relationship and also put your backside up (the bucket gets wider moving up from the bottom.) You will likely notice a change in the initial stability but should not be too radical with the stable natire of the XT

More
10 years 2 months ago #19731 by antonsa
Replied by antonsa on topic Fenn XT - Pain?
Also try and increase the leg length one or two notches - this also helps to reduce the bum pressure. This will also help you relax a bit more in the ski.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19733 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Fenn XT - Pain?
I've just uploaded a new album on making a seat for my Swordfish, might be of some interest to you and others perhaps.

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574551...&type=1&l=1be4e01fa1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nilson

Latest Forum Topics