× Tips and techniques for getting the most out of surfskiing.

New Footplate/Modifying Old One on Fenn XT Double

More
12 years 9 months ago #7313 by Trilobite
Have both Elite and XT doubles. On the XT, the rear separate footplates deform and fold under given the slightest pressure, making any leg drive ineffective. Does anyone know of another plate to replace the original plastic ones, or a modification to provide a solid platform to drive from? If blocking behind, what material did you use? Thanks in advance.

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7837 by Moll
I see there are no responses to this post. I was about to create a post as we have the same issue. Are there any solutions to this? are there footplates from another ski that are compatible?

Current Quiver:
- Think Evo
- XT Double
- Popes Big Foot Assegai K1
- Wilderness systems Tarpon 160

• Qdshabsweew
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #7842 by Qdshabsweew
Replied by Qdshabsweew on topic 4.1 unlock for iphone 4 el
I recently got this virus, I am currently in Safemode with Networking, It wont let me start up any programs except online like enet and mozilla. Even when i try to install a new antivir program it wont start anything up. please help me..
<a href="theunlockiphone4.com">unlock for iphone 4 4.1 iphone 4 unlock iphone 4 4.1 unlock
how to unlock iphone 4 how do i unlock iphone 4 <a href=http://theunlockiphone4.com>how do you unlock an iphone 4 iphone 4 unlock

More
12 years 7 months ago #7843 by Trilobite
Well, I've solved it...at least for my usual doubles partner. I ended up buying a sheet of dense foam insulation used in building construction, and measuring and cutting two pieces per footwell to be sandwiched together. These block out the space behind the flexy footplate, giving an extremely solid platform to drive off of, while also assisting in filling some voids that would otherwise fill with water. I added Velcro strips to hold them in place (or remove them easily), and made 'v' cuts with a box cutter blade to allow drainage channels for the venturi drains. Unfortunately, it's good only for someone at this leg length, but I imagine it would be easy enough once the forward angle is cut, to Velcro on additional layers (or remove) to allow for differing leg lengths. Works great.

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro

More
12 years 7 months ago #7848 by Hiro
I have the same problem, will try your solution.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7852 by Moll
I have mailed the factory in South Africa but if there is not other solution I will definately give the foam a try or make a set with a harder material.

I will update the post as soon as I receive a response

Current Quiver:
- Think Evo
- XT Double

More
12 years 7 months ago #7874 by Moll
Well after half a week I will assume i am not going to get a response from the manufacturers so this weekend will try a similar solution to support the plates.

Current Quiver:
- Think Evo
- XT Double

Latest Forum Topics