Re: Rudder lines

More
16 years 4 months ago #1489 by Dave H
Re: Rudder lines was created by Dave H
Have Epic changed rudder lines? The lines on the latest batch of V10's (performance) are dark grey?

They feel a hell of alot smoother than the previous red ones and don't seem to stretch as much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1490 by richardh
When I was using Spectra lines in another sport, the general method of tying knots was to add another sleeve to the line where the knot is tied to limit the weakness of the knot.

Here is a link I've just found that my be useful ...
www.kiteworks.ca/tips/sleevingspectra.htm

More
16 years 3 months ago #1491 by MFB

When I was using Spectra lines in another sport, the general method of tying knots was to add another sleeve to the line where the knot is tied to limit the weakness of the knot.

Here is a link I've just found that my be useful ...
www.kiteworks.ca/tips/sleevingspectra.htm

Is there a way to add another sleeve without using a tool? Can I use spectra as a sleeve too?

More
16 years 3 months ago #1492 by richardh
Replied by richardh on topic Re: Rudder lines

Is there a way to add another sleeve without using a tool? Can I use spectra as a sleeve too?

I'm going back nearly 20 years!
The sleeves I used were significantly larger in diameter that the outer sleeve of the spectra, so there was no issue with threading the line through.

Your local kite shop may be a good place to start as they should have the line and sleeves. Power kites and the kitesurfing kites will all have substantial breaking strain lines!

More
16 years 3 months ago #1493 by altanticcoastkayakracing
anyone care to comment on the weight savings, if any, between cable and cord?

Latest Forum Topics