Garmin e-trex Legend (blue one)

• Seaugi
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago #1583 by Seaugi
Garmin e-trex Legend (blue one) was created by Seaugi
All,

I'm seeking some guidence here. Was re-gifted a blue e-trex from Christmas. Its about 2 years old.
I'm seeking advice from those who have used (or still use) this model.

Can I change the up screens? Increase the size of the speed display so it is legible from my footstraps? Anyone have problems with the shell failing and letting in water? Tried bagging it?

I want to use it for training and for a few races (Round Bowen and the LOL next Sept) How have your experiences been using the device? Find it useful for training and navigating?

What software programs are you using for tracking your progress?

Apreciate all comments

Thank you

Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1584 by txbuckeye
Sean
I still use my legend every once in a while although I've moved to a Garmin 301 recently. I've always kept my gps's bagged even when they were water resistant. If you put the unit on the "trip computer" screen you can specify what parameters you want on the readout. The numbers should be a pretty large size so they will be easy to see. If for some reason they aren't, check the settings option to see if you can specify larger numbers for easier reading. It's a great unit the only weakness is it's not downloadable (that I'm aware of) to your computer. You'll have to collect your data and record it manually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics