ozflyte seamaster

More
16 years 1 month ago #1909 by Boof Head
ozflyte seamaster was created by Boof Head
Hi All,
Been building and paddling sea kayaks for awhile now and am keen to have a go at something faster. Ocean skis seem to be just what I was after. I may have found a ski in my price range but cannot not find anything out about the model on the web.
It is an Ozflyte Seamaster. Has anybody had any experience with this ski?
stable/tippy, fast/sluggish, well made or piece of cr@p?
any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers from Bris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #1910 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: ozflyte seamaster
So you don't post the same question for a fourth time i will try and help. It doesnt seem to be a popular ocean ski on numbers or appear still on the manufacturers website. I'd send ozflyte surfcraft in QLD an email for tech specs etc.

Best if you test drive several popular stable ocean skis (ie think EVO, v10 sport, fenn xt) and the seamaster for a true comparison off speed, tippyness and build quality... then you can decide if it is really the ski thats suits you (i think its a fixed length ski). Id think the seamaster would feel fast and tippy if you only compared it to a kayak.

More
16 years 1 month ago #1911 by [email protected]
Hi Craig,
I agree with Superted, there are quite a few skis on the market and it's best to try several if you can.
Unfortunately the Aussie manufacturers are not very forthcoming with info about their skis and we don't see them over here in SA, so I can't tell you anything about that particular model.
Another thought is to get down to some of the races in your part of the world and chat to guys there.
Good Luck!
(BTW, I deleted the other two duplicates of your original post!)

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #1912 by ih8ubarney
Replied by ih8ubarney on topic Re: ozflyte seamaster
their website shows they appear to produce an slsc spce ski... no sign of the Seamaster boat. the company used to make mainly wave skis years ago, and now they make what i'd call "recreational skis" since popularity has increased... i believe there are many other better options.....
also "if" it was any good why arn't they on their web site/ why don't they make them anymore????

Latest Forum Topics