Why NOT a waist leash?

11 months 1 week ago #33046 by robin.mousley
>> I can however imagine that a waist leash can entangle your leg while doing a side re-entry. Is that correct?

Hmm... nope, I've never had any problems like that.

>> Can waist leashes only be used with a cowboy re-entry and not with a side re-entry?

I always do the bum-first remount which I think is what you mean by a side re-entry... So no, waist works for me.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 1 week ago #33048 by paddlepop
Replied by paddlepop on topic Why NOT a waist leash?
i agree, no tangles and easy to side remount as your legs are free to kick. on days when i might bail out i use a paddle leash and let the paddle flop around in the water on the high side so i've got a unencumbered hand to grab the handle or side of ski. pete

9 months 1 week ago #33304 by Kennewby
Replied by Kennewby on topic Why NOT a waist leash?
Hi Where can one buy a waist Leash - cannot seem to find one listed in the online shopping products of the local surf ski / kayak outlets?
Thanks

9 months 1 week ago #33305 by paddlepop
Replied by paddlepop on topic Why NOT a waist leash?
it's going to be a SUP thing first so go down that path.  i'm sure there's a thread on seabreeze with a mention that Balin were developing something 

9 months 1 week ago #33306 by Kennewby

paddlepop wrote: it's going to be a SUP thing first so go down that path.  i'm sure there's a thread on seabreeze with a mention that Balin were developing something 

Forgot to mention that I am in South Africa...

9 months 1 week ago #33307 by robin.mousley

Hi Where can one buy a waist Leash - cannot seem to find one listed in the online shopping products of the local surf ski / kayak outlets?

I spoke to Dawid Mocke a little while ago and he said he'd found some stock so if you give him a call, he should be able to help you out.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

9 months 1 week ago #33308 by Kennewby

robin.mousley wrote:

I spoke to Dawid Mocke a little while ago and he said he'd found some stock so if you give him a call, he should be able to help you out.

Many thanks 

9 months 1 week ago #33309 by JohnK
Replied by JohnK on topic Why NOT a waist leash?
You could also try  www.fitnesslifestyle.com.au/
They sell waist leashes for surfski paddlers.

Latest Forum Topics

G'day, New Paddler - Brisbane Region! (6 Posts)

18 hours 41 minutes ago

Search for SOT K1 (1 Posts)

20 hours 13 minutes ago

Kai Wa'a Surfski (62 Posts)

1 day 1 hour ago
Protected by R Antispam