Garmin Forerunner 305 Satellite images

More
15 years 6 months ago #2554 by houls
I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 and have set up the Garmin Training Centre and Sportracks on my computer. I'm not very computer literate, and I was wondering how I go about importing satellite images into my maps on both systems. The maps on Garmin are not very sophisticated or accurate and the spotstracks system has a very clear image of my route, but no map at all. I imagine there is a cost for purchasing the software, however the supporting literature does not explain the process very well. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #2555 by jaredtubb
I have found that the motion based software is a lot more user friendly, and also has some very useful fearures, inlcuding satellite images of routes paddled. The software is also free.

Maybe try using this before you purchase Garmin software.

You can download it from www.motionbased.com

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #2556 by superted
For sportracks reinstall the software. I lost the satellite image but had the routes. The reinstall fixed it.
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by superted.

More
15 years 6 months ago #2562 by houls
Thanks for your help, I'll give that a try.

More
15 years 6 months ago #2563 by jsowers
Did you see the pull down menu top right hand corner of the route box? you can select different map type or none. perhaps yours is on none

More
15 years 6 months ago #2568 by houls
jsowers wrote:

Did you see the pull down menu top right hand corner of the route box? you can select different map type or none. perhaps yours is on none

Yes I tried that, and set it on Satellite, however nothing. The other options appear to be for US only.

I've also tried to reinstall both garmin and Sporttracks without success.

More
15 years 6 months ago #2569 by jsowers
Have you tried the sporttracks forum for help? The forum has international areas for help and even some plugins for maps outside of north america.

More
15 years 6 months ago #2570 by houls
jsowers wrote:

Have you tried the sporttracks forum for help? The forum has international areas for help and even some plugins for maps outside of north america.

I'll give that a try and post the result, I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks heaps.

More
15 years 6 months ago #2573 by houls
houls wrote:

jsowers wrote:

Thanks very much John, found someone with a similar problem on the sportstracks forum, and followed the advice and it worked. Much appreciated. Still haven't been able to fix the Garmin site but still trying.

Latest Forum Topics