Epic Paddle Lock

More
15 years 2 months ago #2946 by craigfisher
Epic Paddle Lock was created by craigfisher
The paddle lock in the middle of the shaft will not lock out any more. Is there a quick fix for this or do I need to return the paddle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2947 by [email protected]
Hi Craig
Not sure what you mean by "will not lock" - has the lock come off the shaft?
If so, it's not a difficult fix but I'd advise getting the correct glue - the Epic agents over there should be able to help.
Regards
Rob

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
15 years 2 months ago #2949 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Re:Epic Paddle Lock
Just had a epic collar come loose , epic us had me send it back and they replaced it with a new locking lever adjuster which works awesome , don't know if this is the new standard for thier paddles or just test phase , I have been using it for a couple weeks now w/o problem. my first hint at the problem was the collar "wouldn't lock" ie the collar was slipping on the shaft ! Sandy

More
15 years 2 months ago #2951 by craigfisher
Replied by craigfisher on topic Re:Epic Paddle Lock
The lock was slipping as sandy described so I will get it back to the suppliers. I have also just discovered that setting it on 2 on the paddle should be 2.12 but when I measured the blade it was 2.08. I had 4 centmetres missing so I will defintiley be sending it back now. I have had the paddle for just over a year now and can happily blame all my crap performances over the year. I had a 8 year lay off before the last year paddling so hopefully I have not lost it completley as I was thinking !

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #2981 by GregBarton
Replied by GregBarton on topic Re:Epic Paddle Lock
You can likely find a solution here www.epickayaks.com/extras/faqs#connectionSlips
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by GregBarton.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2982 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re:Epic Paddle Lock
craigfisher wrote:

I have also just discovered that setting it on 2 on the paddle should be 2.12 but when I measured the blade it was 2.08. I had 4 centmetres missing!

For the price of the Epic paddles the quality control should be second to none, which it definately is not :woohoo:

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #2985 by [email protected]
Note that the paddle shafts come in different lengths:

200-210
205-215
210-220
215-225

I have the 210-220 shaft (and I paddle on 212) - is it not possible that you guys might have the 205-215 shaft?

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by [email protected].

More
15 years 2 months ago #2986 by craigfisher
Replied by craigfisher on topic Re:Epic Paddle Lock
I found out yesterday I was sold a 2.05-2.15 green shaft when I should have been sold a 2.10-2.20 mauve shaft. That was pretty close I suppose. I think Epic may need quality control on their suppliers. The shop still maintains that green shafts are more flexible !

I had not paddled for 8 years so I figure paddling a 2.07 for a 14 months gave me time to adjust. I did two Perth World Cups and Masters States, Nationals and Worlds Surf Life Saving plus a few other minor races in which I was so far back it was scary.

I went back to the same shop to replace the paddle lock and they said the epic factory has shut down and transferring to another company but due to a dispute the moulds have been retained and they have to build new moulds to start operation. There is absolutley no supply of anything coming to WA of anything Epic. They were unable to upgrade the paddle lock but got a collar off another one.

I rang around to see if their was any hope of getting a mauve shaft 2.10-2.10 and 2 of the shops said they had none. On the off chance I went into one of the shops and lo and behold their was one so I am now the proud owner of the last mauve shaft 2.10-2.20 epic paddle in captivity in Western Australia. About 14 months too late but its all good I think ! Hopefully I can improve my position by a couple of spots.

Latest Forum Topics