Re: TRIPPER PFD, any alternatives?

More
16 years 2 months ago #361 by MFB
I got mine direct from Quiver. They had it delivered promptly to Manila. Its best to get the one with the bladder.

Karen Pereira
Quiver Outdoor Gear
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Here's a direct link from their site www.getwet.org.za/mockeform.htm

We had payment done thru TT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #362 by superted
MFB how is yr Moke jacket holding up after 8 months?

More
16 years 2 months ago #363 by MFB

MFB how is yr Moke jacket holding up after 8 months?

Honestly, good as new! Thats for the Mocke though. The bladder had to be replaced after 2 months. Not that its defective, I use hot water to clean it. Not boiling, but it made one of the portions leak. It was tough getting a replacement that fit the size of the pocket. I had to cut the bottom of the bladder pocket to accommodate the 2 liter bag I had (Deuter).

I use the camel bak tube guide, L tube lock and big bite valve with the bladder.

More
16 years 2 months ago #364 by Dale Lippstreu
I also had to replace drink bladders periodically until I tried using Miltons baby bottle sterilizer to clean them after use. Baby bottle sterilizers are essentially a bleach that kills off the bacteria that flourish in residual energy drink. I generally leave the solution in the bag overnight just to make sure the it is sterile and find that it complete solves the problem.

More
16 years 2 months ago #365 by MFB

I also had to replace drink bladders periodically until I tried using Miltons baby bottle sterilizer to clean them after use. Baby bottle sterilizers are essentially a bleach that kills off the bacteria that flourish in residual energy drink. I generally leave the solution in the bag overnight just to make sure the it is sterile and find that it complete solves the problem.

Hi Dale,

After that hot water incident, I went back to my old solution of just using baking soda. I mix 3 teaspoons with luke warm water. I just leave it overnight as well.
This also removes taste that usually stays in the bag after putting in juice or a sports drink.

• nell
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #366 by nell
Replied by nell on topic Re: TRIPPER PFD, any alternatives?
Even easier . . . After training, rinse the bladder with water, roll it up and store it in the freezer until you need it next. Most bags should withstand freezing, thawing cycles though I'm still careful to not torque on the drinking tube or bladder for the first minute or two until it's thawed. This way, you only need to use a bleach/sterilizer/disinfectant solution once a month or so.

More
16 years 1 month ago #367 by DeAnne
Ocean Paddlesports will have Mocke Paddle Jackets with bladders in the USA in next shipment arriving in April.

Latest Forum Topics