Medium Size Paddle?

More
12 years 7 months ago #8311 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re: Medium Size Paddle?
The short blade also has the bonus of being far better behaved when it is windy.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8312 by ts-d
Replied by ts-d on topic Re: Medium Size Paddle?
all right ...

There is one situation, in which the short paddle will be exceptionally beneficial:

If wind comes from 14 o'clock, the airflow streams in the mould of the paddle from bottom up and lifts it and me too - I've to fight then to keep not capsizing. The only remedial action I can think is to be with the other blade in the start position to attach very quickly the stroke on the other side.

seakayaks (Francesconi Esplora, Lettman Polar, Valley Nordkapp Jubilee), Stellar SR

More
12 years 7 months ago #8313 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re: Medium Size Paddle?
You may also find that in that situation, changing to a 45 deg offset will almost eliminate it.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson
The following user(s) said Thank You: ts-d

More
12 years 7 months ago #8314 by ts-d
Replied by ts-d on topic Re: Medium Size Paddle?
thank you very much - I'll try it.
You know this situation? - Well, than I'm not a fool.

seakayaks (Francesconi Esplora, Lettman Polar, Valley Nordkapp Jubilee), Stellar SR

Latest Forum Topics