Knysna Racing G40

More
12 years 2 months ago #10179 by coldwater
Knysna Racing G40 was created by coldwater
Anyone got any comments on this boat?
I can say it is a work of art & extremely well made...it could be a real game changer.
Am interested if anyone who's paddled it has any comments...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #10203 by cyclotis
Replied by cyclotis on topic Re: Knysna Racing G40
An amazing ski. Paddled it at Buffalo Bay this Sunday after hearing many good things. Exceeded my expectations by far. Conditions were choppy SEasterly, big swell. The G40 handled everyhing I placed it through. Side-chop, impressed most and extremely stable for such a fast ski. There is no doubt that this ski will impress right the way through from elite to guys ready for a decent ski after intermediate. Hope Knysna Racing accept lay-buys! I want one now¡

More
12 years 2 months ago #10216 by White
Replied by White on topic Re: Knysna Racing G40
The G40 is an amazing ski. I was fortunate enough to get to paddle it in Knysna while on holiday and really enjoyed it. I am a competitive canoeist and always struggled climbing into a surfski with it being that much bigger and the seating position feeling as if my feet are higher than my seat. With the G40 as well as the G20 you feel as if you are in a canoe. Its nice and narrow so you can focus on putting in a good stroke as well as super fast, stable and catches runs better than any ski i have ever owned before. The skiis are also made really well with alot of attention to detail. I am relatively short so i got myself the G20 and am absolutely loveing it.

More
12 years 2 months ago #10236 by bajax
Replied by bajax on topic Re: Knysna Racing G40
I have heard great reviews on this boat and I am awaiting my order when it arrives I will give feedback.

More
12 years 2 months ago #10240 by coldwater
Replied by coldwater on topic Re: Knysna Racing G40
Awesome! Look forward to hearing about it...

• giovanni
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #10288 by giovanni
Replied by giovanni on topic Re: Knysna Racing G40
I traded my Epic V10 for the Genius G40, after paddling it in the Cape Point Challenge last year, it is a brilliant boat and good a ride

More
12 years 2 months ago #10297 by coldwater
Replied by coldwater on topic Re: Knysna Racing G40
Giovanni - how do you find the stability of the G40 compared to the V10, as well as the G40's ability to surf downwind...?
I paddled a G40 a while back very briefly and was amazed at how stable it seemed, very similar in stability to some intermediate boats. (I would class myself a very intermediate paddler...) Your thoughts??

• giovanni
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #10298 by giovanni
Replied by giovanni on topic Re: Knysna Racing G40
just got the epoxy g40 and went for a paddle in really small runs.the g40 was very quick to climb onto runs and i never broached once.very stable for such a sleek looking boat.it also went really well in and out through surf.keep up the good work knysna racing.