Epic V10L vs Think Uno

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #20138 by kiksu84
Hi everyone,i'm new at this site. I'm in a doubt as i have to choose between two low volume skis. I just have tried the epic v10l (not the newest version), for several times, and i love it...just miss my Fenn Elite when i'm upwind.

On the other hand, the think Uno..other low volume ski, but never have tried it...how it performs upwind?? I know it's limitations on the downwind field,but i would like to hear different points of views, mainly for those who have tried both skis or think uno owners... How do they compare on downwind and agaisnt waves..??

Thank You ,)
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by kiksu84.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20170 by kiksu84
Replied by kiksu84 on topic Epic V10L vs Think Uno
Any comment in reference to tippines between this two boats..?? I can manage a racing k1 quite well in flat water..and have no problems riding my Elite in big conditions/confused waters.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20172 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Epic V10L vs Think Uno
Hi Kiksu84,

I've never paddled a V10L, so cannot comment on any differences there.

The Uno works well for lighter paddlers in most conditions. I've never had a problem with it upwind. I do believe that there is a lot of technique in upwind paddling. The best ocean paddlers will tell you to steer around the bumps, but most guys just crash and barge straight into the wind and chop, with their bow slapping hard and then say a ski isn't good upwind. If you can thread your bow through the chops, most skis will go well upwind.

The Uno is an elite level ski, with a lot of pace, so if you can find a used one, should have a lot of fun on it.

Cheers.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20187 by kiksu84
Replied by kiksu84 on topic Epic V10L vs Think Uno
Thanks for the reply... finally i'll purchase a V10L as it fits better although i have to say the Uno is the most comfortable seat i ever paddled.

Thanks;)

Latest Forum Topics