Surfski for big guys

4 weeks 14 hours ago #35119 by M.v.E.
Surfski for big guys was created by M.v.E.
I am asking for a friend of mine who wants to buy a surfski. He´s a big fella. He tried my Stellar SR 2. Gen. and it was way too small for him. We adjusted the footplate in the max. position but his knees were very high and it was too tight at the hips. Then he tried a V 8 which was better but still a little too short for his long legs. Any ideas  which surfski might fit him
He needs a stable beginners boat like the V8 and I guess he will use it exclusively in flat water.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 weeks 5 hours ago #35120 by agooding2
Replied by agooding2 on topic Surfski for big guys
A trainer K1 would have more space and be more adjustable.  I'm trying to sell my Nelo Viper 55 as it is too big for me, but that or the 60 would be a good boat for a big guy.

3 weeks 6 days ago #35123 by davide
Replied by davide on topic Surfski for big guys
I'm 6ft 4 and over 120kg's. I've had a  XT, Horizon and Blue Fin. All great for us larger paddlers, but the Blue Fin is, by far, the most comfortable, and excellent on downwinds.

3 weeks 6 days ago #35124 by Cerca Trova
Replied by Cerca Trova on topic Surfski for big guys
A Stellar G1 SR has a very large bucket. Someone would have to be very large to not fit into it.

3 weeks 6 days ago #35125 by robin.mousley
Replied by robin.mousley on topic Surfski for big guys
Another awesome boat for really big fellas is the Kayak Centre Zeplin.

https://www.surfski.info/latest-news/story/1267/surfskiinfo-review-kayak-centre-zeplin.html

I'm not sure where the Zeplin is manufactured these days, Kayak Centre has closed, but I know the mould was sold and that they are still available.  I'll get my sleuthing hat on.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

3 weeks 6 days ago #35128 by M.v.E.
Replied by M.v.E. on topic Surfski for big guys
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Davide: Yes, the Bluefin is a big boat and very stable. I rented one on the canary islands a few years ago and we had demanding conditions. I am afraid it might be a bit slow on flatwater.
Cerca Trova: The Stellar SR 1. Gen has a very large bucket indeed. That was my first surfski for many years. 
Maybe he can look out for a used one but they are not often for sale here.
Rob: Interesting! I´ve never seen these brand in Germany though. I doubt that there is a dealer here.

Latest Forum Topics

G'day, New Paddler - Brisbane Region! (6 Posts)

18 hours 41 minutes ago

Search for SOT K1 (1 Posts)

20 hours 13 minutes ago

Kai Wa'a Surfski (62 Posts)

1 day 1 hour ago
Protected by R Antispam