Kai Waa Vega Arc

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #40792 by zachhandler
Kai Waa Vega Arc was created by zachhandler
Kai Bartlett has a new Vega ski out. It is the Arc, which is their beginner model. 19’6” x 20.25” puts it in between a fenn bluefin and a Carbonology boost. It is a good deal longer and bit narrower than most v8 class boats. To me it looks like it has low rails, low volume tip and tail, and lots of rocker. I bet it surfs great. Scroll down the website to see it:

www.kaiwaa.com/vega-surfski-series

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy
The following user(s) said Thank You: owenfromwales, Atlas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #40793 by Steve Hansen
Replied by Steve Hansen on topic Kai Waa Vega Arc
Zach, would you say that Kai Wa'a and Nordic Kayaks build quality are comparable ? Was the cost of getting your Vega delivered from Hawaii inordinate ?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #40794 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Kai Waa Vega Arc
As far as I can tell kai waa and NK are equivalent quality. I have owned both. In my opinion they set the standards as far as prepreg ski construction.

I got my vega in the mainland usa through paddle dynamics, which is now based in Tennessee. The skis are made in china so I would assume they come in containers from china direct to the mainland US. There was no shipping fee attached that i paid. Lighter stiffer and cheaper than other carbon skis. So if the design works for you they are a bargain.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #40799 by Steve Hansen
Replied by Steve Hansen on topic Kai Waa Vega Arc
Here I thought all their skis and outriggers were made in Hawaii. A little disappointing and misleading.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #40800 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Kai Waa Vega Arc
And Nordic kayaks are not made Sweden!

The only company still making boats in hawaii is Kamanu composites. But their OCs end up costing $6300 instead of $4700 for a Kai Wa’a boat made in the Ozone factory in china. I think all the other boat makers left Hawaii not to get rich but just to survive.

Latest Forum Topics