Boat Repairs - Western Australia

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
  • Brett McDonald previous forum name :Pilbaralad
More
13 years 10 months ago #4572 by AR_convert
Just got my boat back after it took a serious body blow (T-boned by another boat in big swell off Mandurah :ohmy: ) a few weeks ago. I was in the depths of despair as I had only just got the boat (V10L) a few weeks before and now it had a hole in it :( (Split the seam for about 6 inches just behind the cockpit and creased/ripped the fibreglass across the deck and hull for about 4 inches either way, also split the rudder in two)

Luckily one of the guys in the group had the number of Walter Chalupsky who lives north of Perth. I rang him and he said I could bring it straight up. I went straight up and met him in amongst about 12 boats strewn around his shed and outsides in various states of repair. In the 30 minutes I was there 3 other people were coming in with boats for repair, he is certainly kept busy...and now I know why, I picked my boat up today and wow, it's like new again, very happy!

Great fella to talk too, very knowledgeable and chatty on all things to do with boats and paddles...a real asset to us in WA ;)

Always looking for the next boat :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics