FENN ELITE vs SL

More
12 years 9 months ago #7270 by Nige
FENN ELITE vs SL was created by Nige
I notice that Dawid Mocke is still paddling a Fenn Elite as opposed to the SL (and he is still winning in it!) Has anyone done any objective speed tests or performance comparisons between the two skis?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7299 by [email protected]
I just did an interview with Dawid in which I asked him to comment on that very fact...

He's lent me his SL to play with for a couple of weeks and we'll try to suss out what we think is different about it.

Talking to some elite paddlers (Hank McGregor; Tom Schilperoort, Jasper Mocke) who are paddling the ski, they say that it is slightly more twitchy (Hank) but that it stays on the runs longer (Jasper & Tom).

I think the differences are quite subtle - but I haven't paddled it much yet and I haven't done any downwinds in it. Perhaps because of the slim nose, it FEELS fast, but that's hardly an objective assessment.

But I think it's going to be really difficult to say definitively that the SL is x% faster on the flat.

Anyway - we'll give it a go. If nothing else I'm having fun on the boat!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weihnachtsmann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics