fastest skis

• seadog rob
  • Visitor
12 years 5 months ago #8666 by seadog rob
fastest skis was created by seadog rob
Wondering how the nelo L compares to the fastest skis which I believe are the think uno, V12, fenn elite and ?vadja ?carbonology

Is anyone aware of speed comparisons for the Nelo on
1-flat water
2-downwind runs
3 mixed seas

would appreciate input

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8669 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Re: fastest skis
The atom is the fastest on flat water, but the tippiest in open water.
My guess is the others are all within a couple of hundred metres over an hour. Too difficult to differentiate. Would depend on the day and who was paddling them. For my money the v12 struggles in small downwind (unless you're Clint Robinson).
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Dicko. Reason: grammar

More
12 years 5 months ago #8671 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re: fastest skis
Dicko is on the money there, after just a few years of paddling I have quickly come to the conclusion that there is no "fast" ski :huh:

It is all relative, perhaps the best question is what ski has the best hull speed disregarding stability issues, because unless that hull speed translates to results on the water it's just not fast if you get my drift.

When a top paddler from Western Australia went to a coach in the Eastern states for coaching the first thing he did was sit him in a ski and throw a ball to him and ask him to throw it back. You would think he would be looking at his stroke technique... the point being that the more stable you are the better hull you can paddle and the more power you can apply to the stroke.

I continue to see real mixes of ski's at the pointy end of races outside of sponsored paddlers (say 5-20th positions) because some paddlers can make a hull work while others are fast in what some consider a slower hull.

This is part of what I love about the sport, finding the right mix of ski for your ability, which may improve over time, hence why some of us can change skis very regularly looking for that incremental improvement.

Always looking for the next boat :)

Latest Forum Topics