Robberg express in the chop?

• gnome
  • Visitor
12 years 3 months ago #9620 by gnome
Robberg express in the chop? was created by gnome
Anyone know how the Robberg performs in choppy conditions?
I have a Green 7 pro 70 and struggle with stability in windy choppy condiitons. Into the wind waves is fines but side on and when waves are bouncing of cliffs with the added rips coming out at the same time the G7 is scary. Down wind, fun as long as the wave length is far enough apart, to fit there. On the flat the G7 is very stable.
I can get basically a Robberg in new condition for peanuts. But need more stability in the chop. Its a very long drive to go and check it out.
Im 80/85kg. Hows my weight?
Whats there long distance speed like?
Any info appreciated.
Gnome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #9624 by [email protected]
It's a long time since I paddled one, but here's a review I wrote three years ago:

Surfski.info Review: Robberg Express

I weigh pretty much the same as you.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by [email protected].

More
12 years 3 months ago #9627 by mortenlinding
Hi
I have owned a Robberg Express for 3 years now. And it is my experience that it is stable and easy to control in chops. I am 181 cm and 75 Kg. I should say that i live in Denmark, and the chops here is not as big as in South Africa. It is also easy to remount in waves. It´s not as fast as a Think Uno, which is the only other elite ski i have paddled. I should say that I am not an elite paddler and I have only paddled surfski for 3 years. But I have been kayaking for 21 years and also K1´s. I agree with Robin in alot of what he has written in his review.

Morten

Current ski: Carbonology Vault Hybrid 1. Gen / Nordic kayaks Storm / SS2 Carbonology Zest

Latest Forum Topics