Australian made intermediate ski

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11222 by Spudnut72
I am looking to upgrade from a Spirit PRS and would like to buy Australian made if I can. Based in Brisbane I do most of my paddling on Moreton Bay so lots of short sharp windswell. I am looking for any body who can give me some feedback on the DD3 Australis or any other Australian made intermediate level skis. How do they compare in performance to something like the Think EVO II which is at the top of my list of imported skis. Any feedback (good or bad) would be appreciated.
Thanks heaps, Nathan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11232 by Draftbuster
Ive had a DD3 in the past.Nice boat,nice finish.I'm told it was basically an Epic V10 copy.There were issues with customer service.But everyone has a bad day.Hayden Surf has a new ocean ski.I don't know to much about it but their Spec Ski the PR2 is awesome.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11235 by owenw
Recently sold my DD3 Australis. Good, quick ski and well built (locally) by one of our top racing kayak builders. Definitely NOT anything like the V10/V10S in shape; has no initial "twitchiness", but progressive edge until splash! Only shortcoming for me were the footboard arrangement, (moves and squeaks) which just doesn't compare with the rock solid, Stellar set-up, also the need to re-tie cables when adjusting pedals/leg length for different paddlers.

Life truly lived is full of risk; to fence out risk is to fence out life itself
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonathanC

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #11467 by Watto
Your thoughts owenw and others. At present honeymooning my SES Excel 10.9kg sweetheart (two races ten paddles and no spills) but yet to be tested in big downwind, however am very keen to purchase a step down in speed for a step up in stability for mates, me warf, son, nephew, girlfriends ;) etc. Paddled a Swordfish briefly couple of weeks ago (Carl's boat who was paddling with Ski Chick of this forum) and found it brilliantly stable, all things good. Accidentally happened on DD3 link just now and see this as a possible contender. Your views owenw? Given potential paddlers likely to be upper end novices what do you reckon for river paddling? Ocean paddling downwind? Specs look really good and some of the skis are quite sexy. What do you reckon? Looking at the Australis which seems to be the closest Swordish equivalent.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Watto. Reason: Additional info.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11478 by AR_convert
Sorry to burst your bubble Watto, but no-one is selling them in the West yet. I mentioned them to Mark Hardie of Paddle West (www.paddlewest.com.au/) in the hope he may take them on but yet to hear anything.

So there is an opportunity for a distributor in WA if anyone wants to take them on, I am interested in some of their skis as they have some good flat water results in the East.

Always looking for the next boat :)

Latest Forum Topics