Average speed of a Epic V10 Sport

More
11 years 11 months ago #11551 by Epic evo
Can anyone tell me what speed they average on a Epic V10 Sport or any of the other Epic surf ski range
Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11554 by Kneewall49
Too many variable: who's paddling, water conditions, etc. for example the V10 Sport is considered a slower boat the 10 but but for some teh sport is faster in bumpier conditions.

Maybe you should be stating what primary use and the experinece you have, and see what recommendations you get?

Northern Beaches, Australia.
[Fenn Swordfish, Fenn Spark, Carbonology Zest Double
Pain is temporary, glory can be even less so...

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #11555 by cdo
Hi,
My first reaction to your question was how long is a piece of string?

Obviously a lot depends on the paddler; however I can make a sort of crude generalisation in that with the group I often paddle with the good paddlers (but not brillant paddlers) usually average close to 11.5km on a non elite ski (such as a V10 sport) and 12 to 12.5km on an elite.
Obviously there are also the variables of tide, wind, wave etc etc etc which will all alter the equation some what!

Does this help at all?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by cdo. Reason: typo

More
11 years 11 months ago #11564 by AR_convert
Before going to elite skis I could manage about 10.7 km/hr avg over an 11km triangular course.

I noticed a jump of about .3 km/hr avg almost right away at the same fitness level. I am now around 12 but most of the successive improvement is technique and strength.

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #11570 by Epic evo
Yes thanks for that

More
11 years 10 months ago #12104 by hamishglen
Its about time a somewhat decent paddler furiously paddled the top 20 boats (by popularity)in identical conditions so we can endlessly discuss the differences. Or has this already happened?
I'll chuck in a fiver toward expenses..

More
11 years 10 months ago #12108 by Epic evo
Let's do it. Brett would we have enough craft available we just need to choose someone to do it

More
11 years 10 months ago #12121 by Wally
Hi, I only paddle in downwind conditions, unless druged or bribed. My usual ski is a V12 Ultra (10.5 Kg), but due to my lack of fitness I have lost my core strength for balance on my V12, so for the odd downwind recently I have been paddling a V10 Sport Club (16 kg). Too my surprise I am nearly a quick as on my V12, I have a GPS but my paddling partners are usually my standard as conditions vary so much, I have been about the same time relativly against them.

I can get to 15km/h on my V12 with a decent wind and about 14km/h on the Sport, but without a decent wind, and over 15km/h on flat water sprint, but I love the Sport, easy to paddle at full power, always in full control. The key to ocean paddling is BALANCE, no bracing strokes, just forward strokes with full control.

I hope this helps you, all I want now is an Ultra Sport and a good wind.

More
11 years 10 months ago #12123 by EK Sydney
I'm with Wally, as much as I enjoy the feel of my V12, I'm buggerred if I can make it go faster than my V10S on the sea. On a flat water fitness paddle I tend hover around 10.5 over the distance in the Sport, with intervals punctuating the hour. I think a hull that gives that sort of speed return on flat water is plenty fast enough to get you fit.

Latest Forum Topics