Re: Watch Broncos vs Fightin Illini Live Stream online

• JeandeFlorette
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #12937 by JeandeFlorette
Hi Rob,

have we been hit by spam again?! I thought that you have just upgraded the site to protect against such attacks?

Cheers,
JDF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12941 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Spam fighting

I thought that you have just upgraded the site to protect against such attacks?

Yep, the site is protected by several layers of security - and we've pretty much prevented attacks by robots (although never say never...)

But I can't stop a people manually registering on the site and getting access to the forum. Spammers literally employ people to register and drop spam. It's incredible.

So every so often we have this kind of thing that I have to *manually* go in and fix.

Just part of life for any site that has any vestige of traffic on it.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 8 months ago #12943 by [email protected]
The latest spam-merchant logged in from Bangladesh. So now no-one from Bangladesh can get to surfski.info because I've blocked the entire country. Bye bye.

(Also blocked: the Russian Federation, Republic of Moldova)

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

• JeandeFlorette
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #12951 by JeandeFlorette
Replied by JeandeFlorette on topic Re: Watch Broncos vs Fightin Illini Live Stream online
hopefully genuine paddlers from Bangladesh and republic of Maldova will understand...

More
11 years 8 months ago #12953 by Rightarmbad
Funnily enough, if I click on the Epic banner add above, I get 'website blocked by filter'.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
11 years 8 months ago #12966 by Bill L
Maybe epic is now building their skis in Bangladesh or Moldova. :laugh:

More
11 years 7 months ago #12967 by Physio

Rightarmbad wrote: Funnily enough, if I click on the Epic banner add above, I get 'website blocked by filter'.

It works for me i get a .net.au (aussie) site.

maybe its epic blocking you?

More
11 years 7 months ago #12968 by Kayaker Greg

Latest Forum Topics