Disposable skis......

More
11 years 7 months ago #13207 by Sandy
Disposable skis...... was created by Sandy
Had a chat with a fellow paddler at the beach today and once again the subject of boat longevity vs. weight vs. cost vs...... well you get the idea ! ( conversation prompted by the current "rotting before my eyes" deterioration of my 4 year old Infused FG Legend.) <btw after my paddle I spotted yet another weakness around the venturi hood>. There is constant prattle on this and other groups about the forementioned topic. WTF ! can someone please make a ski that is solid and well designed and lasts more then four or five well cared for years AND YES that includes (what I would hope) are the majority of skis that are paddled in conditions (if only moderate ! ) that weighs less then 35 pounds.....It is totally possible....REALLY. I am scrambling to save up enough to buy a new ski before my current one loses all structural integrity. C'mon tribe , we gotta throw down the gauntlet to the builders on this one. Consumers unite !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #13208 by 1xsculler
Replied by 1xsculler on topic Re: Disposable skis......
I'd like to see a ski built like Gord Henry, owner of Fluidesign racing shells (rowfluidesign.com), builds his boats, i.e. all carbon fiber, hull about .070" thick layed-up of numerous layers of different types of carbon cloth (uni-directional, X-weave, etc.), no Kevlar or core, just plain carbon fiber, vacuumed bagged, heat-cured, very stiff, impact resistant and seem to hold up very well for twelve years so far. I also like the looks of the clear coat finish over the black carbon cloth with no gel-coat and no paint.

current skis: SES Ultra. sculling boats: Fluidesign Lwt, Wintech, Empacher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics