How to fit a leg rope to a spec ski?

• gnome
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #13237 by gnome
My spec ski doesnt have a leg rope point so for a bit extra safety how can I fit one?
Also foot well drain venturi's, can they be retro fitted too? Also thought add one to the seat to help get rid of water from there too.
Any feed back would be appreciated.
Gnome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #13281 by latman
1) I put my legrope around my footstrap when I need it

2)I make spec skis and when we join the hull to the deck we glue the bottom of the footwell to the inside of the hull , then drill a hole through the 2 glass layers and the cured glue for Venturi's .If your ski hasn't got that cured glue to seal off the hole that is drilled, it will need some extra work done one it to prevent leakage.

3) your butt stops any water from pooling in a snug fitting seat so there should be no need in the seat

• gnome
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #13296 by gnome
Replied by gnome on topic Re: How to fit a leg rope to a spec ski?
Thanks Latman
So the rudder pedals, are strong enough?

In regards to the seat. I thought about basically remoulding the seat just infront of the crutch area and channel the water into one small spot to clear all the water out of the seat area. As when Im paddling there is always water lapping around there. Can be rather cold down there :-)

So to the foot well.
So if I hole saw the foot well to expose the inside of the hull then fill that area with epoxy bog and the re glass the foot well then simply drill straight through to allow the install of the venturi's, that should work?
Gnome

Latest Forum Topics