How far to jump question...

• Grumpytex
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #13323 by Grumpytex
How far to jump question... was created by Grumpytex
Any advice, people experienced similar circumstances would appreciated...
Quick paddling history;
Started about 3 years ago in a Think EVO found it to much of a handful in our very cold waters/winter.
Bought a sea kayak, got some confidence, sold it and bought a V8
Recently been paddling a friend V10s and have had tried many other bought in trying to decide next purchase.
Feel confident in V10s and Swordfish (love that boat) can stay in the Vajda Orca, V12 and the Fenn Elite SL (just) but any side chop or rough stuff and I'm swimming!
Do most of my paddling on flat but still like to get out off shore, and would like to get confidence in down wind.
BIG question is should I stick at swordfish level or buy something like the Elite SL and persist with it over summer (bearing in mind still keeping the V8 for wife!)
I hope that paddling becomes my primary sport in 6 months and would like to make the next boat a good decision.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #13324 by cheeseman
Hi there
Paddle the boat that feels the most stable .Down wind paddling all boats fly.The v10 sport can av over 10 km -11.8 km per hour

More
11 years 7 months ago #13330 by Rightarmbad
What about just holding off on your next purchase for a little while.
You will gain ocean skills for a while yet on your V8.

I think if you have to wonder about how far to jump, then it's not the time to leap.

I think that one day you will know which boat you want, wait till then.
In the mean time, get on as many as you can.

What about a second hand swordy?
You already like it, it ain't slow and there are a few around on the secondhand market now.
Well, around here at least.

You probably won't loose much to keep it for a year.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grumpytex

Latest Forum Topics