v10 sport are they really super fast and stable

More
11 years 6 months ago #13819 by Lukey C
I'm thinking about buying a epic v10 sport buy want to know if the really are as fast as they say. I currently have a Steller ses and love it on the flat but have a bit of trouble in rough conditions so thinking about down grading to a sport to get more stability. I had a Stller Sr before the ses and found it a bit boring as it was VERY stable and a bit slow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13820 by Marieski
Not sure how fast "they" say the V10s is. I had one before my SES. In anything more than medium chop you will be able to paddle it faster than your SES and the rougher it gets the better you will be relative to the folks in the elite skis. Except the elite folks. It is faster and less stable than the SR and exceptionally easy to remount.

I wouldn't have another one myself because they're too big for me. If you fit an SES you're probably not enormous either. The bucket was, for a start; I had to put a lot of padding in. I think there is now a smaller bucket option. The less fixable problem was the length and volume in the bow which I had trouble with in strong quartering winds. That's why my second boat is now a Swordfish.

The other boats you could consider would be a Carbonology Vault and a Stellar SEL.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

More
11 years 6 months ago #13821 by Kayaker Greg
There are a few of us on here who have made the move from the SES to the SEL and are extremely happy.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13825 by Lukey C
Is the sel more stable than ses given the little bit of extra width??

More
11 years 6 months ago #13826 by Kayaker Greg
Yes, the SEL is a lot more stable. I've had mine about 6 weeks now, click on my name and search through some of my more recent posts.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13835 by Wally
Hi,

Love my V10 Sport Club! I am as fast on it as my V12 Ultra, that is downwind. I am very unfit only been training for a month, 18.5km, 1hr17min, average speed 14.3 km/hr, top speed 23km/hr , average downwing conditions +-14 knts SSW, Perth, Australia.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13836 by Rightarmbad
I've seen some quick paddlers in a V10 sport.
But if one had to choose between a V10 sport and a swordfish, I'd say take the swordfish as long as the bucket is comfortable for you.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
11 years 6 months ago #13839 by Watto
Pro's and con's of SEL against Swordfish?

More
11 years 6 months ago #13842 by AR_convert

Wally wrote: Hi,

Love my V10 Sport Club! I am as fast on it as my V12 Ultra, that is downwind.

Wally, if that's the case please paddle the V10sport in the next Mandurah Duel, I may have a chance against you then :whistle:

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #13843 by Wally
Game on!

Have yet to paddle V12 this season.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13844 by Kayaker Greg
I have not paddled the Swordfish, I know someone that does and it was a ski I considered when looking for the alternative ski to my SES. My club mate that has the Swordfish loves it and it gets good reviews and I'm sure its a great ski. Can't remember all the details but on looking at the pictures and reviews of the Swordfish I decided I liked the features of the SEL more, guess it was closer to what I was already paddling but more stable. From memory the Swordfish have a rather large hump in the bucket which would be more of a turn off for me than anything having previous problems with the high leg hump in my V10L. I'm guessing the Swordfish is probably even more stable than my SEL, but after coping with the SES for 18 months thought it might be too much of a step back, but for me the features of the SEL and knowing what I was getting was the clincher.
Here, the Swordfish can be bought for cheaper than the SEL. But I've had unreal service from the NZ importer of the Stellar craft with free 9" rudder, weed deflector, Stellar slings and delivery all thrown in, along with regular contact to see how I was doing and if I was happy.
Try the Swordfish, if I was allowed to have more than 5 ski/kayaks I might be tempted to have one as well, if the leg hump worked for me. Even my SEL has a higher and more forward leg hump than my SES and required I make a seat that pushed me forward and lifted me slightly.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13845 by Lukey C
What about evo 2???

Latest Forum Topics