Cover / Bag for ski

More
11 years 4 months ago #14760 by Ric
Cover / Bag for ski was created by Ric
So my new hybrid Focus should be with me in Cape Town soon! Really looking forward to that... but...

I've heard that carbon get damaged by the sun much more easily than glass.

So I need a cover / bag / boat condom of some sort.

Suggestions from SA?

The boat will be stored outside under shadecloth most of the time. Maybe that's just good enough?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14763 by Love2ski
Replied by Love2ski on topic Re: Cover / Bag for ski
I've got a carbon fenn. I use the standard striped towelling boat cover, and keep the boat hung in the garage.

I don't think I need anything more heavy duty than that. The gel coat keeps the sun away from the carbon.

The other thing I like about the towelling is it allows the boat to dry quickly. I have always thought the non breathable bags would keep everything wet leading to rusty cables etc.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14766 by Wally
Replied by Wally on topic Re: Cover / Bag for ski
Yes, a tube of T shirt cloth is the cheapest option, they sell it at any fabric shop. It comes as a tube so you can just sew the end or even tie a knot, this will help keep the UV out. The UV is the damaging element, I would suspect the heat will also be a big problem because without post curing in an oven who knows what the resin will do.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14785 by Rookie
Replied by Rookie on topic Re: Cover / Bag for ski
Hi Ric,

Tripper seems to make a pretty reliable product. Not the fanciest but reliable. Just ask some mates who are still wearing his PFD's that were bought years ago... ;) :whistle:
I would recommend a padded cover to prevent little bumps agains the car etc..

Focus, Apex 2, Zeplin

Latest Forum Topics