New Vajda offerings - anyone seen one?

More
10 years 2 months ago #19767 by CyberSki
I just did a quick peruse on the Mississippi Kayaks website and noted that Vajda seems to have come out with two new surfskis - the Hawx 46 and the Hawx 52 to be specific.

The Hawx 46 looks to be (Imperial measurement) 19'4" x 18.11" beam while the Hawx 52 is 18'2" x 20.5" beam. Other than that - I really don't know much about them other than the price point (at the elite weight) seems to undercut the likes of Stellar and Epic at approximately the same weights.

The advert mentions that the Hawx 46 length (short for an intermediate I believe) makes it better for short period chop. Has anyone tried this ski yet?

The Hawx 52 is the one that piques my curiosity though - as 18'2" is a great length/width ratio for the 20.5" beam and makes it 1.5" narrower than the V8 as well. This could be a V8 beater...not to mention a Stellar S18S challenger as well.

And frankly - IMHO the Vajda skis are top notch quality and look hot! ;)

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JamieMc
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #19771 by JamieMc
Replied by JamieMc on topic New Vajda offerings - anyone seen one?
I have been lucky enough to be able to put the Hawx 52 through its paces on the flat, ocean swell and lake runs.
It is a ripper ski for an entry level boat. New paddlers will not need to move on for a while with one. Narrow catch, with enough rear width to give the stability needed. A fast ski, that is changing the rules. Can't wait to jump on the 46.
Search Vajda Hawx 52, I am sure you will find some videos.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by JamieMc.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19791 by jean pierre
I paddle a Hawx 46 for two weeks , i is more stable than the 43 , it is an intermediate surfski , and for me , an average paddler it is as fast as an elite surfski.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kennneee

More
10 years 2 months ago #19798 by portmanm
Agree with JamieMc comments, my daughter has a V8 and I paddle it occasionally, the Hawx 52 has the stability, speed and the right mix so that you won't feel like you need to upgrade too quickly. Looking forward to trying out the Hawx 46 in next few weeks, maybe something for the wife :-)

Bio
- 90kg, 183cm, paddling 90+% in ocean conditions for 5 years. Prefer downwind.
- Epic V12 1G, V10 1G/2G, V10 Sport, V8 & V8 Pro
- Stellar SEI 1G/2G, SES 1G/2G, SEL 2G, SR 2G & S2E
- Vadja Hawx 43/46/52
- Think Evo II 2G, Ion 1G
- Fenn Elite S, Swordfish S
- Nelo 560M

More
10 years 2 months ago #19807 by jean pierre

More
10 years 2 months ago #19808 by CyberSki
Thanks for the film clip JP - what a surreal place to paddle!! It was almost mesmerizing at 3:40 into the clip!! It would have been an added bonus if you could have run the camera slowly over the ski close up though to show us the catch, bucket, foot braces, adjustments, etc.

That Hawx 52 looks very narrow through the knee/calf/feet area of the bucket!! How does the bucket for the 46 and 52 compare with the first Hawx Elite (43)? Just as narrow?

Thanks again for posting!

Scott

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
10 years 2 months ago #19809 by jean pierre
hi
the 52 bucket is just the same for knee/calf/feet area as the 43
and the catch is almost the same , it is the faster beginner ski i ever tried
and very stable .
i'll make some photos with details , but just look the 43 it is the same
jp

More
10 years 2 months ago #19810 by CyberSki
I just heard from a buddy that Vajda had a beginner-type surfski called the Oscar. Is the Hawx 52 the same ski - or was the Oscar just further refined/redesigned and renamed as the Hawx 52?

Very confusing, but thanks for any information.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19811 by jean pierre
the Hawx 52 replace the Oscar
it is a total different ski
faster , narrowest at the catch , with the new Vajda footrest and as stable as the Oscar

• JamieMc
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #19818 by JamieMc
Replied by JamieMc on topic New Vajda offerings - anyone seen one?
There are some good facebook hawx 52 videos. Have to work how out to link them here.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by JamieMc.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19851 by ergometer
This video is really interesting, and lots of things to learn in this video.

Latest Forum Topics