FS: EPIC V10 SPORT new version, MINT, California

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #20667 by rpmooreii
Up for sale is a two month old MINT (as new) Epic V10 Sport 2nd generation. This is the new version. I purchased new and used less than 10 times; moving up to a more advanced Epic ski and cannot keep both. The ski is "as new" with no signs of use at all... no scratches, scuffs, marks, dings, chips, etc. Always kept covered inside. Perfect condition.

I have paddled surfskis for more than 15 years and have owned or tried all the top skis... this is the best ski I have been on but I am moving up to the V10. Price is firm as I need to fund the new ski

The pictures show the universal rudder but I will replace with the never used std surf rudder. I am keep the leash shown in the pics.

Price = $2200; pick-up in Santa Barbara, CA.

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by rpmooreii. Reason: layout of text had extra spaces

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #20668 by Fath2o
Can you tell me the actual weight of the ski?

More
9 years 11 months ago #20669 by rpmooreii
The specs on the Epic web site state 37 lbs but it feels lighter than that to me. I don't have a scale at home to get an accurate measurement.

While I know some will think this is salesmanship on my part, I do not believe several pounds of weight on a ski make a difference in speed over any significant distance. I have written on this in the past and honestly believe the incremental weight issues are means for manufacturers to extract more $ for a ski than any real performance benefit. In fact, there are some momentum arguments that would lead one to believe a heavier ski (within limits) is incrementally better under some conditions. As a result, I ALWAYS purchase the heavier layups because: 1) they are less expensive, 2) they last longer and 3) are much easier to repair. While not trying to toot my own horn, I base my assertions on my experience an ex aero/astro engineer with graduate degrees from Stanford and Yale as well as a university teaching position (orbital mechanics) and experience designing a variety of flight vehicles.

Please note, that I am not making these statements to aid in selling my ski as I have made them on numerous forums in the past and put my money where my mouth is in my personal purchase behavior. The biggest benefit in light skis is carrying them to the water or loading them on your car or rack :o)

Latest Forum Topics