Comfortable ski for my girlfriend

More
9 years 2 months ago #23476 by sammclean
Hey team -

I'm sure this is not a new phenomenon, but since I'm hooked I'm keen to get my girlfriend on a ski too.

She used to paddle K1s, including the Murray Marathon, so she should be pretty quick on the uptake.

Problem is, when she has sat in my Fenn Elite, she feels like the cockpit is too small for her hips, and that it puts a lot of pressure on her back.

Anybody had similar problems, and can you point me to which models might be good for her to try?

Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #23478 by Hansie
What about the Knysna Racing Jester, it is designed for women and shorter paddlers

Custom Kayaks Focus
Red7

More
9 years 2 months ago #23479 by Dan_81
Have you looked at the Fenn Spark?

More
9 years 2 months ago #23480 by Atlas
Hey Sam.

Sounds like your girlfriend wants a fairly high performance boat but one with a wider bucket that most elite skis. I think stellar skis have pretty wide buckets compared to other boats in the same category.

Adam.

Current boats
Epic V10L Ultra, Epic V9 Ultra, Carbonology Sport Boost X LV, Fenn Bluefin, Nelo 510, Fenn XT double, Nelo 600, Expedition Kayaks Azure, Mirage 732.
Previous boats
Spirit PRS, Fenn Swordfish, Fenn XT, Fenn Swordfish S, Think Zen, Epic V10L Club, Carbonology Sport Boost LV
The following user(s) said Thank You: sammclean

More
9 years 2 months ago #23482 by owenw
Go have a good hard look at the Stellar SES - nice roomy bucket, low volume, quick and best built ski on the market :evil:

Life truly lived is full of risk; to fence out risk is to fence out life itself

More
9 years 2 months ago #23485 by Spudnut72
Knysna Jester:

I have a 10yo son currently paddling outriggers and wants to paddle skis instead. The Jester is being promoted as a junior ski in Australia. Has anybody got any feedback on these things for kids. The look like they are great value.

More
9 years 2 months ago #23486 by Ranga
She should be able to fit into any Epic seat without any issue.

More
9 years 2 months ago #23491 by Marieski
Hi Sam. I've got a Spark which I think is fractionally snugger than an Elite. So she won't fit that, though she'd love the boat otherwise, being quite K1-like in size and responsiveness.The Stellar SES was roomier and also had a bigger drop from bum to feet, hence easier on the back and hamstrings. Still a low volume ski, quick, and as Owen said, exceptionally well built. Get a red one.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

More
9 years 2 months ago #23492 by sammclean
Thanks everyone - will go check them out over the next few weeks!

More
9 years 2 months ago #23505 by Hansie
Hey spudnut apparently it's very good I was recommended one but I was too tall at 1,8m and growing

Custom Kayaks Focus
Red7

Latest Forum Topics