leg length

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #25474 by Erhard Katzer
leg length was created by Erhard Katzer
Just read the 5 things to improve your paddling from David Mocke. 2. is: find your leg length that help stability. In the K1 I to leg drive by pushing with my toes, because the footplate is smaller. So the angle of my feet is more vertical in the K1. In the ski there is the chance to push with the heels, but therefore the footplate must be fixed closer. My personal feeling is to create more pressure with the toes. I recently chose length in the ski like the K1, but only in the flat. I had the toes further more down not to push the pedalspedals.How do you decide your leg length in both, ski an K1? Looking forward getting to know your opinions.
Erhard
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Erhard Katzer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #25479 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic leg length
A well made K1 has full foot plate so no need to have it different.
Sorry I don`t differentiate between flat water and rough, your stoke should be the same. It will only change when you cannot paddle properly because your ski is too unstable for your ability.
I have my legs a long as I can get away with, on full leg drive I contact the ski with my legs. Lowest centre of gravity possible.

More
8 years 3 months ago #25484 by Erhard Katzer
Replied by Erhard Katzer on topic leg length
Thanks Ranga for answering. You are right, a well made K1 should have a full plate. But I recognized that pushing with the forefoot generates much more power but also the center of gravity is higher then. This causes a little loss of stability. To met this position feels more ergonomic You get the feeling to be over the stroke. It's just a personal impression. So I wanted to know if anyone else made the same experience!
Nice paddling from cold Austria!

Latest Forum Topics