Surf ski hire Bali

• van Galen
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago #32088 by van Galen
Surf ski hire Bali was created by van Galen
Hi ,
I am heading to Bali in October and want to know if I can hire an ocean ski ? Can anyone provide options?
Thanks G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #32096 by [email protected]

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
5 years 9 months ago #32157 by Punches
Replied by Punches on topic Surf ski hire Bali
I'm also headed to Gili Meno off Lombok in October and was interested if there were any updates on ski hire on Gili T. I'll definitely report back what I find. Might see you there G. Regards, PK.

Currently own Fenn Elite S, Renegade Double
Previously owned Epic V8, Think Legend, Stellar SES

• grasshopper
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago #32160 by grasshopper
Replied by grasshopper on topic Surf ski hire Bali
Sadly, I don't think you are likely to find anything there. Shame as it would be a great downwind run from Nusa Penida to Bali, this time of year the tradewinds are blowing from the east.
I checked out a few Fenn XTs in Sanur a few years ago but they were in pretty poor shape and the guys there wanted about $40 to hire them out.
I've thought of shipping an old spec ski over but don't know where I could store it.

More
5 years 5 months ago #33091 by Punches
Replied by Punches on topic Surf ski hire Bali
I stayed in Sanur in October 2018 and there remains a collection of very ordinary spec skis and two XT's near the Hyatt Regency on the water front. One XT is privately owned.  I chanced upon the owner on the water one afternoon and he told me the location of the other.  The other has been abandoned but could be rented. A kind Balinese lady told me it was broken from having been blown off its rack too many times.  I emptied a few litres of water out of it, blew in the bung hole but couldn't immediately tell where it had been holed.  If you're super keen I suggest you take your paddle and a role of duct tape and spend some time trying to find the hole or crack to see if you can get it going. The steering seemed OK.

It's a great place to paddle if you live there but lousy for a rental business - too many shallow reefs with great surf to tear a rudder off on for customer who don't care.

PK

Currently own Fenn Elite S, Renegade Double
Previously owned Epic V8, Think Legend, Stellar SES

More
4 years 8 months ago #34847 by benpaddle
Replied by benpaddle on topic Surf ski hire Bali
Anyone knows if theres a community of Surfski Paddlers in BALI ?????? any beach spots good for paddling easy to reach by car where loading and unloading a ski wont be a problem ??? less shallow reefs !!!!!!! seems such a place doesn't exist in BALI ….. I Move to here few months back and my Sword.F ski about to arrive ,,,and haven't found a perfect spot yet while am here ...So far these :::  BENOA BAY , SANUR ,NUSA DUA ( the best I could find )  

More
4 years 8 months ago #34854 by davide
Replied by davide on topic Surf ski hire Bali
If anyone has surfski hire contacts in Mosselbay and Knysna then please let me know. Not those plastic kayaks, but a decent XT, Bluefinn etc. 

More
4 years 8 months ago #34856 by [email protected]

If anyone has surfski hire contacts in Mosselbay and Knysna then please let me know. Not those plastic kayaks, but a decent XT, Bluefinn etc. 

Hey David.
Try Knysna Racing Kayaks at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I have a few direct contacts too, which I'll send to you directly.

Cheers
Rob 

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
4 years 3 months ago #35889 by Paddle Supplies
Replied by Paddle Supplies on topic Surf ski hire Bali
Hi Benpaddle,

I am Marcel from Jakarta, Indonesia. I have couple of personal PE Surfski, NK Breeze and Epic V7. I am actually interested in growing the Surfski community in Indonesia. Please let me know if you have an interest or network to grow this sport. Btw, I have a kayak shop www.paddlesupplies.com, we are the importer and distributor for certain brands and I can ship to Bali and other places in Indonesia. at the moment we have some PE Surfski for sale at a good bargain. Cheers

More
3 years 2 months ago #38155 by Monkey House
Replied by Monkey House on topic Surf ski hire Bali
Hi there, 
New to this site and new to this community. Am based in Padangbai in East Bali. I currently own a single Epic v7. I'd love to get a community going, but not sure there is a demand (even pre-Covid) . 
What would you expect from a surfski outfit?
What rental rates do you see as fair for half day and full day (full gear with ski, paddle, life jacket and leash. Locally retailed for more than 40 million  IDR total)? 
As it stands, I only know of one other guy based on Bali who owns a surfski. Would love to hook up with the mystery Fenn XT owner from Sanur too... 

Latest Forum Topics