Old, Heavy (Cheap) Fenn XT?

• MCImes
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #32752 by MCImes
Old, Heavy (Cheap) Fenn XT? was created by MCImes
Hi guys,
I can pick up a ~10 year old Fenn XT, heavy layup - he doesnt know the layup but says its 39lbs/17.7kg with a painted bottom - for a very good price, but am wondering if its worth it.

My goal would be to find a boat that surfs better than my SR g1 Advantage but am wondering if the old and heavy XT would be a temporary upgrade? Its cheap, near by, and the only Fenn for sale on the friggin west coast, so its tempting. Also, my SR does not surf worth a crap, so i'd really like something different for the winter surf season and Fenn's seem to grab onto waves very easily.

I'm really only looking for a cheap, temporary boat to get me through next summer when I will have some more $ to put towards the boat I actually want long-term.

Think i'll regret the standard glass layup in terms of acceleration onto waves or durability? The XT is cheap enough I'd probably keep my SR and decide which boat I want to sell next summer.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by MCImes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #32754 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic Old, Heavy (Cheap) Fenn XT?
Either buy it or tell me where it is so I can. My hybrid XT weighs 34 lbs. now and will probably add another 4 lbs by the time I fix all the damage from my last escapade. I just noticed the venturi drains are cracked and delaminated along with all the other damage. Going to be a lot of work.
If you are going to messing about in the surf, fiberglass may be a good way to go. CHEAP is good too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics