Does Nelo 520 have a round hull ?

• Jef58
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #34285 by Jef58
Does Nelo 520 have a round hull ? was created by Jef58
Piggy backing on the SOT/K1 threads, I read where the Nelo 520 has a roundish hull compared to other beginner type skis.  I prefer a round hull over the flattish ones in the sloppy water I paddle in. Does anyone have a good picture of the profile or compare it to a Think Eze. I currently paddle a Genius CLK but would love to have a SOT K1 trainer or the closest thing to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34293 by Atlas
Hi Jeff.
I’m sorry I don’t have photos of the 520 but I can assure you that it’s hull is quite rounded. As such I don’t consider it to be a beginner ski. It is a great example of why you can’t judge a ski by its maximum beam. In my opinion despite its 52cm beam it is a (very good) low intermediate ski (or beginners K1 trainer?). Although I haven’t looked closely at the Eze I have extensively paddled the Zen which I think is similar to the Eze and exactly the same beam as the 520. The Zen and the 520 could not be more different. I’ve commented on this before so I’ll try not to bore everyone any more than I have. A quick search will find my previous comments if anyone is interested.

Current boats
Epic V10L Ultra, Epic V9 Ultra, Carbonology Sport Boost X LV, Fenn Bluefin, Nelo 510, Fenn XT double, Nelo 600, Expedition Kayaks Azure, Mirage 732.
Previous boats
Spirit PRS, Fenn Swordfish, Fenn XT, Fenn Swordfish S, Think Zen, Epic V10L Club, Carbonology Sport Boost LV

• Jef58
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #34294 by Jef58
Replied by Jef58 on topic Does Nelo 520 have a round hull ?
Thanks Atlas...I'll do a search per your comments. There are a few Nelo dealers here in Florida if I get serious.

Latest Forum Topics