New Epic v12g3

More
2 years 11 months ago #38547 by Epicpaddler
New Epic v12g3 was created by Epicpaddler
Looks awesome! Video just dropped. 

The new bow profile seems so much different than the original design, but makes a lot of sense. Great place to test the new design.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #38837 by Woody
Replied by Woody on topic New Epic v12g3
I have had my Elite Epic V12 G 3 for about a week and first impressions are great. For me (80 kilos) the seat is akin to a G2 Stellar SES, so very comfortable around hips  and lower back. Turns on a dime , is quick to get onto runs and on flat water for me not much slower if at all than my V14. Looking forward to warmer weather in the coming period to test in circa twenty knots of SE or NE winds as I expect much less nose diving (given the new bucket and rudder positions) than my G 2 V 12.

A very nice ski., well done to the Engineers and users/ advisers. 

More
2 years 6 months ago #39105 by tve
Replied by tve on topic New Epic v12g3
Similar feelings here. When I test paddled I thought it wasn't that different from the V2, I was mostly happy they hadn't botched anything. But now at home it is subtly different, in a good way. It's more agile and feels less like a big boat than the gen 2. It also seems quicker to get onto runs. The bucket is slightly changed, I think it works better for me, but it's just a minor difference. To me the stand-out feature of the V12 compared to other elite boats I've paddled are the ergonomics: I just get more power onto the paddle with less effort, none of that "paddling uphill" feeling.

More
2 years 1 week ago #39644 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic New Epic v12g3
How do you guys feel about the new v12 now that you have had it half a year?

Any other have v12g3 impressions to share?

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
2 years 1 week ago #39645 by tve
Replied by tve on topic New Epic v12g3

How do you guys feel about the new v12 now that you have had it half a year?
Any other have v12g3 impressions to share?

I'm loving it, can't paddle my V10g3 anymore...

I used the V10 a couple of months back 'cause I was doing a bit of "support boat" for a SUP foiler and thought that the extra stability might be a good idea. At that point I realized that I'm just way more comfortable in the V12. The rougher it gets the more I prefer the V12. I'm more connected, can apply more power, and it's more predictable in rough upwind conditions, which is what I find the most difficult. (Plus it's easier for me to turn it upwind than the V10 or the g2.)

From my point of view there's a trade-off between long boats and short boats. One type is not better or worse than the other, they're different. There's a long boat feeling in the V12g2 I don't get in the g3 but there's also a short boat feeling I don't get in the g2... Given that I'm on the lighter side the shorter has more advantages for me.

From my point of view the biggest negative to the epic surfskis is that you can't get a sub-10kg carbon prepreg version like the NK Nitro...
The following user(s) said Thank You: zachhandler

More
2 years 6 days ago #39647 by Woody
Replied by Woody on topic New Epic v12g3
After a summer season ( in Australia) paddling both this circa nine month old G3 V 12 (Elite) and my V 14 (Ultra) in other than flat ocean conditions my data shows the V12 a faster ski . Simply, for me I can keep paddling harder/more consistently and comfortably in the V!2 in all conditions . The V12 is very stable ( had it in several wind directions up to 20 knots without any concerns) and I can surf it much more on downwind swells/waves more than any other ski I have owned. Very very stable. My only observation would be that I probably favour the extra weight offered in the Ultra layup in messy conditions but its not a shop stopper.

Can see me holding onto the V12 for a long period.

Happy paddling all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zachhandler

Latest Forum Topics