V10 Gen 3 - The actual weight of performance layup?

More
4 years 1 month ago #36245 by Bodsy
G'day all, had a test paddle in new V10 today on flat water (red nose) and it felt pretty good coming from my current generation red nose V10 Sport.  Most of my paddling is flat water but keen to do more ocean when I can.  I'd still be a bit stability challenged in the V10 on the ocean - especially the more twitchy ultra layup - so am thinking about potentially smoothing out the twitchiness and improving stability a bit by going for the Performance layup.  Epic website says 14.5kgs which seems reasonable to me - and a good bit lighter than the Gen 2 Performance V10... 

Just wondering if anyone who has a Performance Gen 3 V10 has actually weighed it and what was the result!  Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36247 by Dicko
That sounds right. I have a mate with a black nose and it would be around the 14 kg mark. My red nose would be around 11-11.5 kg. Go the lighter boat. There isn't that much difference in stability. Easy boat to remount if you do come out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodsy

More
4 years 1 month ago #36248 by Cerca Trova
I have a G3 V10 Elite and it weighs 22.7 lbs which is slightly less than advertised. I also have a V11 Ultra that weighs almost 1/2 lb less than advertised. I have owned other Epics that weighed what was advertised,  or less. I would say the performance lay up would weight very close to what the website says.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36253 by Bodsy
Thanks Dicko and Cerca.  Good info and just what I was after, sounds like stability difference prob not too much between red and black tip although the financial stability factor leads me towards the black tip!  hopefully new ski analysis paralysis won't last too long! 

Latest Forum Topics