Epic V12

More
15 years 1 month ago #3038 by Steve Hansen
Epic V12 was created by Steve Hansen
Epic has just announced the V12 on their website.No details ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3039 by Steve Hansen
Replied by Steve Hansen on topic Re:Epic V12
There are now several pictures up on Greg Barton's blog.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3063 by ibifest
Replied by ibifest on topic Re:Epic V12
megustaria saber si alguien la traera en el europeo de villa jollosa gracias

• Franklin
  • Visitor
15 years 1 week ago #3195 by Franklin
Replied by Franklin on topic Re:Epic V12
Greetings all
I paddled the "New" V12 at the Charleston Kayak Festival. I am so average that if I stood by a wall papered wall...I'd disappear (not good).
The boat was the most awesome boat I've ever seen (to look at). It is something a superhero would paddle (think Batmobile). It was bad to the bone to look at. The cockpit drain could be opened or closed (cool stainless devise). The seat and footwell area was VERY comfortable. That's good because I have very wide feet and weigh 220 pounds. It was very doable for the Average Joe (me) on flat water. It was fast. The fit and finish (I'm all about that) is awesome too. The V12 was art work to look at. Sadly, in the bumps I love, I am not as good as the boat and find myself (sadly) relegated to intermediate boats BUT I believe that Epic is going to knock this one out of the park (even on looks alone). I guess time will tell? The proof will be when the elite guys paddle the V12.
You got to hand it to Greg Barton. He keeps raising the bar (good for us!).
Franklin

More
15 years 13 hours ago #3230 by postal256
Replied by postal256 on topic Re:Epic V12
Review from a paddle I had today on the V12, on flatwater only. I normally paddle a Mako Millennium and the V12 is certainly more stable. Whereas the Mako wants to roll from side to side with very little resistance, the V12 doesn't. I tried the V10L immediately afterward and to me the stability felt the same, although a fellow paddler, who did the same, felt the V12 had slightly less.

Cockpit was extremely comfortable. I put a .5" pad in and it was great.. didn't try it without pad, but others had no complaints. Single footwell is awesome, definitely the way to go. Footstrap was nice, I kept it tight and the whole setup felt very similar to K1. I'm 6'2 with 34" inseam and did not have the footboard all the way forward. Not sure on its limit.

Plenty of space under the knee to get proper leg drive.

Did not feel like I was 'paddling uphill' or slouching/sinking into cockpit.

Deck cutaways are perfect. I spent the last 3 months on K1 and smacked the deck of my Mako often when I started back on it last week.

The bailer worked great. I kept it up (flush with hull) since it was flat water, but splashed water in to test and it drains very fast. Interestingly, it has a one way valve of sorts, so even if you have it down and are stopped, it only lets in water very, very slowly.

Speed was fine. Didn't seem any faster than the Mako Mill or Icon (I have both), but wasn't any slower either. It was Ultra layup (25 pounds maybe), so it accelerated easier than my poor man's layups. With the extra stability, I have no doubt that I'd paddle the V12 faster it certain conditions, able to apply more power to the stroke instead of balancing.

I want one.

More
15 years 8 hours ago #3231 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Re:Epic V12
has anyone had a chance to compare a red7 surf70 pro with a v12, v10 or a mako 6.
thanks

More
14 years 11 months ago #3245 by prosenquist
Replied by prosenquist on topic Re:Epic V12
Was stupid enough to give the V12 a spin in Spain last weekend. Totally loved it. Felt stable as a rock and could chase any bump available due to that.

Own a V10 perf. and I lay restless in my bed thinking of V12 utra... Be strong Paul... just forget it...

:-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #3494 by Rob1
Replied by Rob1 on topic Re:Epic V12
The V12 has been around for sometime now. Would like to hear from people who have been paddling them regarding their opinion, both positive and negative . Thanks Rob

More
14 years 9 months ago #3513 by Goodge
Replied by Goodge on topic Re:Epic V12
Rob, et al. A few months ago I decided it was time to hit the water in a Surf Ski. Had no idea what to get as I had spent most of my life in rowing sculls, pairs, fours etc. My partner and I visited a few shops in the Perth area and found Canoeing Down Under in Ashfield. They had a test day on the river so into a V10 I jumped. Didnt really go much on the design but it felt great. After surfing the web that night I found the V12, made a phone call the following day and ordered one. A couple of months later am now the proud owner. Absolutely love getting out on it even though am still learning lots. Spent a fair bit of time practicing remounts but now feel very comfortable. The whole package is a work of art both on and off the water. Even for a hacker I am keeping up with seasoned paddlers. I am still trying to find a product I could trust to fix the deck cover on with that wont collect crap over time but other than that, the finish, the design, the comfort, the bailer, the foot well..... I think you get the picture. Well done EPIC. :)

Latest Forum Topics