Epic V10S rudder cover

More
13 years 7 months ago #5191 by Beanboy
Greetings,

My V10S rudder cover seems to be slightly undersized. Fully closed, I can lift the cover up, and the cover does let water in.

Been taping the edges fully, but it is becoming a pain since I have a shortened weed rudder and full-length rudder for the ocean.

Last remount practice session I was lazy and didn't fully tape the cover, and it went missing.

Any chance other folks have had an issue with Epic covers being slightly undersized? Any solutions other than fully taping the cover everytime?

Thanks!

-Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5195 by Rightarmbad
Plenty of Epic rudder covers have had issues.
There is a photo on this site somewhere of Oscar with his cover taped up.
We had a lone of a boat and the cover fell off and went missing.
There may be a couple of different versions, as the new ones seem to have the problem solved.
Get onto Epic, they are not that dear and they have them in stock, but really, they just shouldn't come off and I for one would like to see Epic foot the bill for this, it is obviously a known problem.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
13 years 7 months ago #5196 by Beanboy
Replied by Beanboy on topic Re:Epic V10S rudder cover
I did fire off an email to them with a bit more detail. Wanted to see if others had similar issues, and it appears to be the case. Not sure if that's a good thing or not! :blink:

More
13 years 2 months ago #6462 by Beanboy
Replied by Beanboy on topic Re:Epic V10S rudder cover
Wanted to update the thread... Epic is sending me a new cover/threaded base under warranty.

More
13 years 2 months ago #6470 by Rightarmbad
Nice to see that you have kept us updated, also nice to see that Epic did the right thing.
Good value advertising for the price of a rudder cover!

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson