Swordfish S - any difference in stability between glass and carbon versions?

More
6 years 5 months ago #30434 by [email protected]
Asking for a friend.

I very much doubt that there is any perceptible difference in the stability between glass and carbon layups - but I haven't tried them both.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #30436 by LakeMan

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

More
6 years 5 months ago #30447 by feeny
I paddled both back to back a few times recently.

Much preferred the carbon one (of course). There is a touch of stability difference in chop, mainly because of the 3kg or so less weight, to be expected, but nothing that doesn't disappear quickly.

More
6 years 5 months ago #30462 by Hacker Mike
Hi Rob

I don't think that there is so much a difference in stability, but rather a difference in feel. The Carbon boat is quite a bit stiffer which translates to one feeling little bumps much more than in the glass boat. It can be interpreted as being more jittery, but I don't think there is a significant difference. Going upwind, the carbon boat does seem to blow around a bit more.

Latest Forum Topics